Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sadly I think people will turn away from the SHO, maybe even the Fusion Sport, but mainly the SHO here rivals the Charger Scat Pack... and even as a Fusion enthusiast, the Scat Pack would be my pick. I don't own either one, so i'm open to either one, slowly leaning towards the Scat Pack.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sadly I think people will turn away from the SHO, maybe even the Fusion Sport, but mainly the SHO here rivals the Charger Scat Pack... and even as a Fusion enthusiast, the Scat Pack would be my pick. I don't own either one, so i'm open to either one, slowly leaning towards the Scat Pack.
Strangely enough my brother bought a scat pack the day before I bought my fusion. It's an animal but a different animal. One is a refined AWD daily driver with power, the other is a rougher seasonal RWD beast. Different cars, different purposes.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Strangely enough my brother bought a scat pack the day before I bought my fusion. It's an animal but a different animal. One is a refined AWD daily driver with power, the other is a rougher seasonal RWD beast. Different cars, different purposes.
Yes, I find it very odd to compare the Sport with a big-block 472 HP rough-and-tumble RWD beast. The overlap in their target customer base has to be near zero. I shopped it against a 2-3 year old Lexus F-Sport coming off a lease at about the same price. Of course the Scat Pack does have that great Fiat reliability going for it!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yes, I find it very odd to compare the Sport with a
Really though...is there anything to directly compare it to?

Subaru Legacy 3.6R maybe?

When you compare it to the Audi/BMW/Merc/Lexus/Acura - these are all what the Lincoln MKZ should be compared to.

Finding an AWD sedan is one thing in the "lower" brands of the above MFG's. VW/Toyota/Honda ...I'll give you a hint...they don't really offer it! Then Ford went and dropped in the 2.7TT....

In my opinion...there is really nothing to compare it to that is apples to apples except for maybe that Legacy 3.6R (since they did away with the Legacy GT).

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wouldn't compare the Charger and the Fusion simply because the Charger is enormous. It's a completely different size class, which is just as important for me as anything else and my biggest complaint with the new SHO (it's also too big). I want to carry adults in my back seat but I don't want a car that's over 200 inches long.
The Legacy seems a competitor, but I understand it's disappointingly underpowered. Or the Golf R, but it's on the smaller side. Otherwise... WRX or WRX STI? I want an automatic for the next sedan I get though, save the stick for the track. I was never into Evos until they discontinue them, of course. So I'm left mostly with the Fusion.

As far as the review, my god, it needs editing for a professional piece. Also why does everything have to be about where a car is from? I couldn't care less if my car was Martian if it's good. Maybe I'm unpatriotic but I really don't think anything should automatically get points just because it's Japanese or American; it needs to be good on its own right and as compared to its competitors.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Also why does everything have to be about where a car is from? I couldn't care less if my car was Martian if it's good. Maybe I'm unpatriotic but I really don't think anything should automatically get points just because it's Japanese or American; it needs to be good on its own right and as compared to its competitors.
I feel the same as you on this. To me, I don't care who makes the car. I don't have brand loyalty. If its a good car for what I want, then its a good car. I like American cars, Japanese cars, German cars, Italian cars, British cars... if its a good car, I like it. That's all I care about.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I wouldn't compare the Charger and the Fusion simply because the Charger is enormous. It's a completely different size class, which is just as important for me as anything else and my biggest complaint with the new SHO (it's also too big). I want to carry adults in my back seat but I don't want a car that's over 200 inches long.
The Legacy seems a competitor, but I understand it's disappointingly underpowered. Or the Golf R, but it's on the smaller side. Otherwise... WRX or WRX STI? I want an automatic for the next sedan I get though, save the stick for the track. I was never into Evos until they discontinue them, of course. So I'm left mostly with the Fusion.

As far as the review, my god, it needs editing for a professional piece. Also why does everything have to be about where a car is from? I couldn't care less if my car was Martian if it's good. Maybe I'm unpatriotic but I really don't think anything should automatically get points just because it's Japanese or American; it needs to be good on its own right and as compared to its competitors.
Yeah, Charger = enormous (more SHO competitor)
Golf R, STi, Evo = smaller (more Focus ST/RS competitor)

Oh wait! What about the new Chrysler 200...lol It can be had with AWD and around 300hp... It's lacking a lot that the Fusion isn't though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
When you consider size, awd, power and price, no other car really compares directly. The 3 series is smaller, 5 series is way more pricey, charger is bigger, wrx is smaller and less refined. The Chrysler 200 is getting the axe soon. A maxima is a mid size four door with sporting aspirations starting at $33k, but it's fwd and has a cvt. A Buick Regal can be had with awd for $32k, a gs model at $37k, but both only have 259 hp. The Fusion sport sits alone in its own mini segment. Ford may have found a niche market.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
When you consider size, awd, power and price, no other car really compares directly. The 3 series is smaller, 5 series is way more pricey, charger is bigger, wrx is smaller and less refined. The Chrysler 200 is getting the axe soon. A maxima is a mid size four door with sporting aspirations starting at $33k, but it's fwd and has a cvt. A Buick Regal can be had with awd for $32k, a gs model at $37k, but both only have 259 hp. The Fusion sport sits alone in its own mini segment. Ford may have found a niche market.
As long as you realize you give up nimbleness and MPG for that size and AWD.
I did, being close to 500 lbs heavier, my 15 AWD 2.0 is way faster than my 2008
Mazda6i.

But lets not pretend they are even on the same planet handling wise.
I've gotten used to it, but the heft is apparent every day (and the Mazda had a
much smaller tire).

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hope I didn't miss someone else posting this, but Autoblog just released their 10 most popular (most read) reviews of 2016 and the '17 Sport was number one!!couldnt believe it. It beat out a lot of very cool cars. Not sure how many of these are selling, but there certainly was/is a significant amount of interest.

·
Registered
177 Posts
In fact, the most apt comparisons for the FS are the Mazdaspeed 6 and Subaru Spec R from 2005! Although those both came with 5 speeds, they otherwise spec'd out very similarly-big 4 door sedans with decent rubber and small, high output engines.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
In fact, the most apt comparisons for the FS are the Mazdaspeed 6 and Subaru Spec R from 2005! Although those both came with 5 speeds, they otherwise spec'd out very similarly-big 4 door sedans with decent rubber and small, high output engines.
Speed6 is 6speed manual. I'd like to race one this summer to compare. I owned a speed 3 and at a roll my car was faster than the 6. Looking at current speeds at 1/4 the sport is already ahead of my old car even with my turbo swap and tune. I'm just so much happier with the ride this car has. I'm just hoping it's not to squishy for auto x

Reactions: Dconlan4

·
Registered
447 Posts
The fusion sport is so unique it gets compared to everything .. ford basically broke the mold and next year we will see every brand with a fusion sport clone / competitor..lol and then ford can sit back and watch and bring out fusion sort V2 and kill them again lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts