Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I would buy this car after reading this review!
Still haven't seen a another Sport at a dealer or on the road.

Just my sleeping Shadow Black.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I live in Cleveland which is pretty populated and still haven't seen another sport around town. How many are being produced and sold?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far there have been 107,000 Fusions made from June 2016 thru Oct 2016. Ford said it expects the Sport to have a retail mix of 5%, so if we do the math there should be about 5,300 Sports on the road (plus November). That is just a guesstimate but I do feel it is a special car. That also explains why we don't see many.
-Lee

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I forgot our friends up north. 7,465 in Canada so about 373. They are even more special.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I live in Cleveland which is pretty populated and still haven't seen another sport around town. How many are being produced and sold?
I'm on the east side, and I've seen the one I test drove out with a 30 day tag before I got mine, and early last month I passed a magnetic one on my way to work, so that makes 3 including mine in the Highland Heights/Willoughby Hills/Willoughby area where I live and work.

However I have not seen either since. There was a magnetic titanium with the dark wheel option parked on the street outside my office the last couple days that made me double take thinking it was a sport.

I kind of like the rareness, especially the bluelightning rareness. I've only seen one other '17 in this color and it was a basic SE

·
Registered
103 Posts
I saw a black one a few days after I bought mine and that was back in September.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've yet to see any around here...which I like...want mine (when it arrives) to be the first! :)

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
"...sleeper sedan that in certain ways can give the all mighty Focus RS a run for its money around the track."

Hmmm. It's a sweet car, but I'm not too sure about this bit. Not unless the RS is way lamer than I think it is. It might be more pleasant to drive on the street, but what can the FuSpo do better on the track than the RS?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
While I was in Florida this weekend I saw one 17 Fusion, it was an SE though. First other 17 I have seen.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Have to give it some time to lift off! Not many people realize there's a face lift either if they're not specifically looking for differences.

Most people would have to walk into a dealer, and sales reps would have to up sell them to the sport model. Even at that, probably not likely to happen (unless you're specifically looking for the sport)

·
Registered
158 Posts
"...sleeper sedan that in certain ways can give the all mighty Focus RS a run for its money around the track."

Hmmm. It's a sweet car, but I'm not too sure about this bit. Not unless the RS is way lamer than I think it is. It might be more pleasant to drive on the street, but what can the FuSpo do better on the track than the RS?
I think that the emphasis here is "in CERTAIN ways." Such as a close 0 to 60, and top gear acceleration. Otherwise, the review does state: "it exists in a different realm than the nosebleed-inducing Focus RS in many regards."

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was at my dealer yesterday and stopped in to say hello to my sales rep.

To my surprise, I am one of only two FuSports sold at Tower Ford in Great Neck, NY. Talk about being a sleeper!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I was at my dealer yesterday and stopped in to say hello to my sales rep.

To my surprise, I am one of only two FuSports sold at Tower Ford in Great Neck, NY. Talk about being a sleeper!
Congrats!! I'm not far off from potentially getting mine. What process did you use to make the purchase?

I'm in Long Island as well. Did you just walk in and haggle? Use Truecar/Edmunds? I wonder what the better option would be. I've never been to a Ford dealer before.

Levittown Ford is closest to me. Was thinking about trying them first, but it sounds like you had a great experience with your dealer/sales rep.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats!! I'm not far off from potentially getting mine. What process did you use to make the purchase?

I'm in Long Island as well. Did you just walk in and haggle? Use Truecar/Edmunds? I wonder what the better option would be. I've never been to a Ford dealer before.

Levittown Ford is closest to me. Was thinking about trying them first, but it sounds like you had a great experience with your dealer/sales rep.
Negotiate with the online manager, get a price you're willing to pay, and go in prepared to pay that amount. When you go in, let them know you have another car at that price, and see if they can budge a little or add some extras.

·
Registered
87 Posts

I test drove their fully loaded Magnrtic Sport at the end of July. I loved that color in person.

I use Tower for service as I drove to Jersey for my Sport in blue.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts