Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first post here, playing with the intake system (I'm a certified A&P mechanic, so I'm not a car expert by any means but I know my way around motors and most vehicles enough to get around.) and I came across a small (2x4") carbon looking filter, resonator, or air deflector of some sort. Does anyone have any clue what this is?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Moisture isnt a problem for an engine.
Tell that to the bent rod in engine of the cruiser I drove into a flooded section of road...

Reactions: Ginger Fusion

·
Registered
624 Posts
Moisture isnt a problem for an engine.
Well Ford seems to disagree. There was a video post on here recently where (if I'm not mistaken) a Ford exec. was explaining why they purposely decreased the air intake in a Ford RS. He essentially mentioned too much humid air as being a factor.

·
Registered
331 Posts
It's for emissions. The Subaru's started using them a while back as well. I remember seeing the differences between the PZEV vehicle and the non-PZEV, and one of them was the carbon filter in the housing.

·
Registered
624 Posts
It's for emissions. The Subaru's started using them a while back as well. I remember seeing the differences between the PZEV vehicle and the non-PZEV, and one of them was the carbon filter in the housing.
Huh? How does... What can.... Huh??

I admit ignorance to cars these days but.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.