Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 f150 2.7 and am looking to move to the fusion platform here in a a few months, but I want mod support out of the box so I emailed ATP and this was their response:

"Tim,

Upgrade turbo solutions for the Ford EcoBoost 2.7L V6 are in development.

Thank you"

So now that hopefully that comes through all we need is fuel.

·
Registered
140 Posts
edit: thanks for the head up OP! I'll be keeping an eye out

Fuel? These are direct injection motors, I was under the impression they can very easily accommodate more fuel.
the limitation is the high pressure fuel pump I'm guessing. In the 2.0 EB engine, it had a mechanical fuel pump in the head (along with a regular pump in the tank), that made it quite complex getting past a certain fuel rate. I know people were looking into solutions for an external pump and 5th injector in the intake, but not sure where it went.

If I had to guess, the 2.7 is the same way

·
Registered
331 Posts
All of the direct injection engines that have big performance gains require a rebuild with performance parts, or adding secondary pumps entirely (especially the case with larger diesels). Some vehicles actually have up to 3 fuel pumps - my 2011 Jetta TDI was an example of that... The Jetta had an electric tank pump, which ran a high-volume at a low pressure (20-30 PSI IIRC), which went to a secondary electric pump which bumped the pressure up to about 70 PSI, then onto the mechanical pump, which ran at about 21-22,000 PSI (which is also part of the reason the pumps were grenading). The VW Golf GTI and Golf R both require an HPFP upgrade to make any real power, but not sure about the 2.7 Ecoboost. The limitation has to be found before it can be addressed, and I don't think anyone is at that point yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I expect the fuel to run out on 93 somewhere around 470 whp. I'm hoping stratified makes a version of their throttle body injection kit for the fusion sport to add fuel. I ran their aux fuel on my focus st 2.0 and made 450 whp on e30.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you have any trans work? I wonder what the stock internals will handle too.
Are you asking me? 6R80 in my f150 will hold it all. Focus ST transmission holds over 500 whp easy. The fusion sport I have no idea :\ . If the fusion sport is DCT I would probably guess the clutches will give after 500 whp. After market clutches will for sure be needed if DCT.

·
Registered
81 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts