Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all the hard wear for the swap, but lacking the as build data I need to change the code in the APIM. I know I saw someone posted a link to another site or even Face Book where a guy listed all the info needed to do, but I'm not finding anything. Figured I'd just start a new thread on the subject hoping to get some info.

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
Easiest place to start for the APIM is to find a Fusion that's the same year with the same options (where applicable - number of speakers, sound sytem type, inputs, nav/non-nav), then download & use the AsBuilt data with that VIN. Rather than starting from scratch, you can just tweak things as needed.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found something, just needed to dig a bit deeper was all. I have a APIM out of a 17 Fusion hybrid Titanium, but it had a Sony sound system and NAV I'm pretty sure. there were some other things that may make it a hard swap, but I've got four others I can work with if need be. I don't mind starting from scratch, I,ve done plenty of as build data, but it wasn't programing for something the car didn't have.

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
That shouldn't cause any issues (hardware wise) since it's just the APIM and FCIM - it's when you start using other ACMs when things get trickier (as far as worrying about the correct DSP / output configuration). Since APIMs are a lot more standardized across vehicle models, it's just easier to find a used car's VIN and use that. It just saves so much time.

Otherwise at minimum if you start working off that APIM's AsBuilt you'll just have to make sure you turn off all the hybrid-specific settings, very possibly some Sony-specific settings (tho I am not familiar with the 17+ non-Sony audio systems much so don't quote on that topic). But just depends on the way you want to tackle it. Starting with a '17 Fusion config is a decent start tho.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
17 non Sony is pretty much the same as all the others, I have a 13 SE with the 8 inch screen, and the wiring for the door speakers is the same. That was how I made the systems in both cars work with out a lot of trouble. Only difference between the two is my 17 has the center dash speaker, I have a different ACM in it now because of the fake engine noise, but once I have the 8 inch swapped over and do programing I'll put the correct one back in and turn off the fake engine noise.

·
Registered
902 Posts
17 non Sony is pretty much the same as all the others, I have a 13 SE with the 8 inch screen, and the wiring for the door speakers is the same. That was how I made the systems in both cars work with out a lot of trouble. Only difference between the two is my 17 has the center dash speaker, I have a different ACM in it now because of the fake engine noise, but once I have the 8 inch swapped over and do programing I'll put the correct one back in and turn off the fake engine noise.
Hey @Skipe I doubt my car will help you much since I'm an 18 with a Sony but if there's anything I can grab for you in ForScan just say the word and I'll get whatever I can to help you out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, cool. I,ve got the 17 hybrid at work still that my APIM and ACM come out of, so I can get the vin off it if I need it for anything. It's gonna be a couple weeks before I,m ready to do this though, have a few other things to deal with first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts