1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
971 Posts
I have a friend that's a retired Ford tech, he told me about the valve guide issue, but said it's not as common as people think. They did have a lot of issues with the first runs of the engine, but fixed it before things got out of hand. The oil pan is another story, we built a few F 150's that needed the pan pulled and resealed. Paul had both of the Lincoln's in for it since they were still under warranty, mine looks good other than the drain plug that seeps a little bit, but not enough to be an issue. What would be nice is a after market aluminum replacement, but since the truck pan and cars are different, chances of that ever happening are slim to none. You might see a truck pan come on the market at some point, not sure f it would work on the cars. I know the drain is different, but the rest looks to be the same.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
281 Posts
My '17 FFS was built in 2016 so both of the big problems were a concern of mine. Never seen any blue smoke , no excessive oil usage , and do my own oil changes........no oil pan leaks. Maybe my 2.7 dodged the problems 🤞

Reactions: Skipe and Engineer

·
Registered
800 Posts
My '17 FFS was built in 2016 so both of the big problems were a concern of mine. Never seen any blue smoke , no excessive oil usage , and do my own oil changes........no oil pan leaks. Maybe my 2.7 dodged the problems 🤞
Hi Gregg. Although not of any comfort to those who had the problems, those issues only occurred in a small minority of the Fusion Sports of the affected model years.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts