Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was mounting my trusty V1 radar detector yesterday and was going to just rout the wire down the A pillar to the power socket under the A/V system.
So I did all that and when I plugged the socket in I was surprised to hear the V1 fire up with its telltale beeps & chimes.
Surprised because the car wasn't on or in accessory mode of any kind.
So I closed all the doors and locked them thinking the V1 would go dark after a minute or two, but it never did.
So if I left it that way it would kill the battery which is not acceptable.

I was also planning to get a dash camera in the near future and mount it in the same manor, but that's going to have the same issue with not powering down.

Is this normal or is there something goofy with my car or something I need to setup in the preferences?
I'd really like to avoid cutting into the wiring of the car or fish a wire all the way to the fuse box under the hood.

Shawn S

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
This is normal. Any of the power like that are on at all times. Eventually I want to get my radar detector hard wired so its only one when the car is on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is normal. Any of the power like that are on at all times. Eventually I want to get my radar detector hard wired so its only one when the car is on.
DARN .... that's what I was afraid of.
I guess I'll have to do some "exploratory surgery" with the control panel for the sunroof and see where I can tap a power source that is switched with the ignition.

Shawn S

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
The default time for 12V power ports is about 1 hour after the ignition is shut off. It can only be configured with FORScan, not through the car's settings menu. I have a dashcam and it stays on for an hour until until the power ports turn off.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I changed mine through FORScan to 6 hours for my dash cam, but I do notice if the battery hasn't been charged enough from the last drive, the cam will power off immediately after key off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts