Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was fumbling around with the Sync 3 stuff, now I have to say it's come a long way, I swore I would never buy another car with it after the 1st gen, which they finally released an update that makes it work pretty good on the ST

Anyway sync 3 which is qnx by black berry, not the Microsoft junk they used in earlier versions, I am so glad they trashed it, this new system actually works and works pretty well from what it was before! To me it was a break through and now with android auto, it works really nice, but beware, it does use data from your phone, so if your worried about data I would be careful, what's nice once you get your phone set up correctly, which can be found on the internet for what ever phone you have, if it supports it, check the list first that sync has to make sure. You can then use google as your host and voice back texts, navigation all the stuff you get used to on your phone will now work on sync 3, and including google music, amazon music , it's pretty cool and you get the ok google to do what ever you want to answer questions, find places etc, you do need a signal though to get the service to work, also the hands free mode, really nice to see this work :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've found that everything I want to do with Android Auto can also be done with the voice commands on the car itself. It really seems redundant, and limits the capabilities of my phone (i.e. can't use Waze). It's good in theory, but I think Sync3 is to the point where it's just as good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts