Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I got in touch with a local AWD dyno shop to see about getting some real-world numbers from the FuSpo. They charge $100 for a 3 pulls, or $125 for an hour on the dyno.

With the car being new and the numbers being poor, I'd like to make more than a couple runs just to see if heat soak pops its head up. That said, I'm not $125 interested in knowing, but I'm sure everyone here is at least a couple dollars interested.

If anyone would like to chip into the dyno test funds, assuming it's not against forum rules, I'll set up a time, post some videos, and post the results.

Admin / mods, please PM me if this is against any rules.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd probably be in for a couple dollars but I'm not employed at the moment so I can't spare much. Very curious to know what's going on; hoping it's not just gearing and crank HP vs wheel HP that make such a great engine so awful.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention in the original post, I'll be throwing in a bit as well. If we can get enough people, I have no issue throwing in $20 myself.

If we want to do a running tab, I have a PayPal account -

If, for some reason, the total goes over $125 (including my funds), anything additional will be refunded.

@DaveE I've got a bit over 300 on the clock right now, and just filled it with 93 octane this morning. Depending on how much I end up driving for the next little bit, I should be over the 1k mile mark by the time the total ends up at $125 I would think. I'd personally like to do one before the 1k mark, and one after to see if there's any truth to the reduced performance due to break-in rumor we have going around.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'll bite....

knowing full well that I am taking mine into LMS for a dyno day and tune.... as soon as they get back to me that is

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Waiting on funds from two people right now, then we're good to go. I sent the place an email yesterday after we got where we needed to be, but haven't yet heard back. I'm off work on Monday, so hopefully they'll have some free time for me to take it in.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Morning all!

Managed to get in touch with the tuning company this morning... Unfortunately they're booked for today, and next Monday is a holiday, so the earliest I can get in is the 12th of September (they're a Monday thru Friday shop, and I'm only off Monday's of those).

We have all but one person with money sent over, and our total with my $20 included is $105! Right on the money with the last tip in.

I'll keep the updates coming as I get them.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some numbers and charts. Try and get as much information as possible. Hoping to compare when I get into LMS.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just sent. Paypal ****** up my account. Apparently once a card is deactivated, the same number can't be reactivated on an account. So I ahve to make a new email address + paypal account just to use it again. Anyway, I did an e-transfer to your email address.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fyi, next monday is 8/29 - not a holiday.
9/5 is a holiday.
Seems you are correct... In the response I got from him he said the first Monday he had available would be the Monday after the holiday, which I had assumed was next week without looking. :X

I actually got injured yesterday while helping my dad remove a rotting deck from his house, and won't be back to work until Friday. I've sent an email asking if there's ANY time this week before Friday to squeeze it in. We'll see what he says tomorrow.

Just sent. Paypal ****** up my account. Apparently once a card is deactivated, the same number can't be reactivated on an account. So I ahve to make a new email address + paypal account just to use it again. Anyway, I did an e-transfer to your email address.
No worries, I got the email about the transfer, just have to poke through the site here in a bit. All in we're right at the $125 we needed. Awesome!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I haven't heard anything back from my original place (ET Tuning in Union, MO) after a follow-up email and a phone call, so I looked at some other options...

There's another AWD dyno about as far away, which should have a spot available for Monday. I've told him to schedule me in, and am waiting to get a response.

The ET Tuning dyno is a Dynojet model, the one at Franjo Speed Shop (the new place) is a Mustang dyno.

Thoughts or opinions on Dynojet vs Mustang?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dynojet will be comparable to other dynojets. The mustang Dyno will be comparable to mustang dynos. MOST everyone uses dynojet and will give a more comparable number to other vehicles.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts