Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
If you arent running a custom tune or have a tuner available, its really not worth it. Larger throttle bodies are sort of the end game in performance upgrades, there are many other things you can do for less money than provide better performance. Even then, custom throttle bodies wont see their true performance gain without a proper custom dyno tune. A livernois, SCT etc tune will not properly account for the increased TB size.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running an unleashed tune :)

I've gotten larger TB's for other cars in the past, but wasn't sure what to expect in a forced induction application. For the price, it's actually not a bad deal if it has any gains to offer.

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
From what I am reading on the site it isn't a bigger TB but he has completed his "optimization" process for the factory TB.

I did run across this one which is 65mm... BBK 65MM 2.7L TB "Increases of Up to 8-12 RWHP"

·
Super Moderator
1,183 Posts
Took a while but stock TB is 60.015 mm electronically controlled.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ive been experiencing more than typical over-rich condition and soot build up in tailpipes since installing LMSv6, UP FMIC & DP. For the price I decided to try the Cordova TB due to reviews on other forums. I received it yesterday. Was slightly disappointed in the quality of the machine work on the butterfly - it’s uneven thickness and machine marks can be picked up with a fingernail. Otherwise clean. Will polish before installing so might take a while to report back. All I’m looking for is to clean up and control better the fuel mix a bit and if any other positives I’ll be very satisfied per the cost.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i think it was here i saw this but theres a gentlemen in florida you can send your stock TB to and he'll bore it out to max spec. our tb isnt on his site but he says if its not shown to just email him and ask to see if he'll take it. id link it but i dont think ive posted enough yet. google maxbore

·
Registered
716 Posts
I've already talked to him. I'm going to get mine 68mm throttle plate down to 64.45. Really venturi it out.

·
Registered
716 Posts
There isn't much room between that and the gasket. I don't think it's worth the time and trouble.

·
Registered
563 Posts
this is off topic but is there any difference between the Lincoln active suspension and the stock active suspension on the sport?
Really? Wow...learn how to read....and start your own thread...:confused:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I have the Cordova TB installed with no complaints and there was a slight improvement felt , I will agree with Shawnski about the machine work could have been finished a little nicer

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
what is that adapter with vacuum cap in the picture of intake manifold?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts