Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got me some laser jammers, and i am trying to find the best spot to run the wiring into the cabin? I have searched online and have seen that there are usually two spots where they run them. Passenger side by the feet, or on the driver side gromet behind the battery. Anyone have any experience trying to run wires through these spots. I assume the wiring for the lasers and power will be pretty big, and i will need some space.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
to the right of battery there is a grommet on firewall

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
remove the battery it is a lot easier to access

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
When I did my methanol install it is about 8 wires and 1 vacuum line so should be enough room

·
Registered
297 Posts
When I did my methanol install it is about 8 wires and 1 vacuum line so should be enough room
I apologize if this comes across as being an ******* as I'm not trying to be. But may I ask that you edit your posts instead of creating new ones? You have 3 back to back posts with like one sentence each.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
994 Posts
Off-topic but what detector are you running? I gave my Uniden DFR9 to my girlfriend and got myself a Uniden R3 when it was on-sale. The R3 reacts to Ka about several seconds faster than the DFR9 but both are very impressive. The new V1G2 is supposed to be as good as the Uniden R7. I've pretty much shut off X and K band because none of the police seem to run these, I only encountered 1 valid K-band signal in a podunk backcountry in some western state. Everyone else was running laser and Ka-band. No matter how many BSM filters they're running, some OEM decides to run a different K-band frequency for their BSM system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Off-topic but what detector are you running? I gave my Uniden DFR9 to my girlfriend and got myself a Uniden R3 when it was on-sale. The R3 reacts to Ka about several seconds faster than the DFR9 but both are very impressive. The new V1G2 is supposed to be as good as the Uniden R7. I've pretty much shut off X and K band because none of the police seem to run these, I only encountered 1 valid K-band signal in a podunk backcountry in some western state. Everyone else was running laser and Ka-band. No matter how many BSM filters they're running, some OEM decides to run a different K-band frequency for their BSM system.
Right now i am running a uniden r7 with settings from vortexradar. The settings that he runs keeps it quiet in the city, and blocks out any of the honda\toyota false ka\k that you get from their proximity radar sensors. I also have the TMG quad laser jammer coming in tomorrow. I got the R7 last week, and have already been saved 3 times with it. Our sherriffs out here run radar all the time.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Acura, Lexus, and Cadillacs keep setting off K-band no matter what I do, even when I use Vortexradar's settings. Michigan seems to be almost all Ka-band here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Acura, Lexus, and Cadillacs keep setting off K-band no matter what I do, even when I use Vortexradar's settings. Michigan seems to be almost all Ka-band here.
I havent had many problems yet with the R7. I have only had it for a week though.

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's the page for the VortexRadar settings you found? Was it this?

Yes it is. At the bottom of the page there are settings that are recommended.
For R7

For R1\R3

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thanks. He's not consistent among the detectors like he chooses 60% K band for the DFR9 and then 70% for the R3, and 50% for the R7, and the RLC Q-ride and quiet ride settings. My guess is that he doesn't update the older settings (for good reason). I'm going to try 50% for the R3 on K-band because I recall 70% falsing like crazy with the amount of Cadillacs and Acura/Lexus vehicles in SE MI.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finished up the TMG laser jammer install yesterday around 9PM. It was a pain in the ass to get done. Just over 10 hours of work with front grille fabrication, and running the wires. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have pics in a thread on here about running wires through the firewall when I did my methanol injection kit. Its insanely easy once you pull the battery and look. The spot under the dash is a little bit of a pain but its just an awkward position to get to. But I saw you finished so grats. Have you had a chance to test it? It'd be fun to go out somewhere and have a buddy try to tag you with it but unless you can rent one I'm not sure who would have one besides the cops haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have pics in a thread on here about running wires through the firewall when I did my methanol injection kit. Its insanely easy once you pull the battery and look. The spot under the dash is a little bit of a pain but its just an awkward position to get to. But I saw you finished so grats. Have you had a chance to test it? It'd be fun to go out somewhere and have a buddy try to tag you with it but unless you can rent one I'm not sure who would have one besides the cops haha
Thanks for the info. I would say the biggest pain was removing, and replacing the bumper to wire up the jammers. Other than that it wasnt to bad. I havent had a chance to test them with an actual laser gun, but i have used the tester that it comes with, and a few different hunting laser range finders to verify that they are working.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Laser jammers are legal right? Its then radar jammers that aren't because of the FTC and crap. If a cop pulled me over and said he clocked me speeding with laser I couldn't help it I'd be like yeah you're lying I have a jammer haha

·
Registered
132 Posts
The way I understand it, the laser jammers only delay the detection. It may scramble the laser 1/2 mile away, but if he hits you at 1/4 mile or less he will be able to get your speed. The jammers just give you time to slow down before he gets a good lock on you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts