Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my research on this car, I've heard about the battery issues and the window issues, so i'm curious. For those who are having the problems, does anyone regret their purchase of the vehicle, or is it still worth it, warts and all?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Good question... ordered mine a little over two weeks ago... crossing my fingers in don't have a transmission that wakes up and drains the battery... or a radio that wakes up and drains the battery... or and of the other issues I have read about... curious to how many people regret the purchase...

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
I've only had the battery issues in my 5,700 miles I've owned my Fusion, and even if I had all the other issues too, I still wouldn't regret owning this car. for the price. It's true there's nothing at this price that offers this much power, with this much refinement, with all this technology (on a new car). Worst case scenario, get a Ford ESP Premium warranty for 6yr/100,000 miles for around $1000. Personally, I wouldn't trade my Fusion for anything.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I can't answer this, but I have seen multiple people who have said they were done with the car, and others who have since getting the car back fixed said they are falling in love all over again.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have zero regrets buying this car. And yes, i've had the battery issue as well as the TPU seal problem.
The way i look at it is: I've known what i got myself into when i purchased this car. It's the first year for the Fusion Sport with this setup, so i knew there would be bugs and problems.
As long as the dealers are on top of it, and fix your problems i don't see why someone would regret it. (Apart from actually just not liking the car).

I enjoy every minute when i drive my sport. I've had a 2015 fusion with the 1.5 ecoboost before and every time i drive the sport, i feel like a kid again... lol

The technology and the power combined makes this car a fun and enjoyable ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No regrets, but there are a few things I would love to have; a manual, like the old Mazda Speed 6, more bolstering in the seats like the Focus ST and better steering wheel material like the Lincoln MKZ. My $0.02.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have no regrets at all. Though i have only had the PTU leak so far, I am 55 and am used to car troubles by now. I've had many new vehicles in my lifetime and all but two had some trouble in the first 10k. Leaky, doggy Harley's in the 70's, a 76 Land Cruiser blown engine, 84 SS Monte with electrical problems. The dealer thought i ripped him off when i traded it in because they couldn't fix it. Then I traded it for an 86 Chevy p/u that the gas guage would bounce full to E and the wipers would come on over a bump. Then I switched to an 88 F250 that had a knock so loud they replaced the block for me. I had two Jeep wranglers in the 90's that both blew rear ends just out of warranty. Two Subaru baja's that needed constant rotor turning blaming the steep roads. I still have a 90 Dodge Cummins that since new the rear axle seals leak. An 06 Audi S4 and an 11 Nissan Juke are the only vehicles that i never brought back to the dealer. So its pretty hard to make me regret anything.

·
Registered
481 Posts
so far everything has surprised me in a good way, only have about 250 miles on it so i guess we shall see lol.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
181 Posts
NO regrets even with the battery issues and a few other things. The car is just plain fun to drive rain, snow and i mean a lot of snow or sun shine.

·
Registered
320 Posts
No regrets even with the battery issue and leaking oil pan and PTU. The oil leaks have been fixed and on the bright side they filled my PTU with the Amsoil gear oil I was going to put in anyways, saving me that shop costs there.
As another poster pointed out, the leather wrapping on the steering is weak sauce and the chintzing out on the inboard LED segments on the tail lights is disappointing. That said, the car drives well, has a reasonable amount of pep, and the high amount of electronic additions greatly improves the value of the vehicle.
I think this vehicle will age well and I expect the engine will prove to be robust and long lived.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have zero regrets buying this car. And yes, i've had the battery issue as well as the TPU seal problem.
The way i look at it is: I've known what i got myself into when i purchased this car. It's the first year for the Fusion Sport with this setup, so i knew there would be bugs and problems.
As long as the dealers are on top of it, and fix your problems i don't see why someone would regret it. (Apart from actually just not liking the car).

I enjoy every minute when i drive my sport. I've had a 2015 fusion with the 1.5 ecoboost before and every time i drive the sport, i feel like a kid again... lol

The technology and the power combined makes this car a fun and enjoyable ride.
The only way I can see someone regretting this car is if it is lease and they are paying 500 a month and driving around in a frap rental during a large part of their lease

·
Registered
102 Posts
I do not regret my purchase.
I have the battery issue, but I'm hoping that Ford finds a permenant fix for us soon.
I've had mine since November and have about 5,500 miles already.
There's nothing out there that provides this level of performace with the same amount of options for under 50K.

·
Registered
263 Posts
No regrets here. I was down to three cars:
Chevy SS, Charger Scat Pack and the Fusion Sport. The Chevy and Dodge had way more power out of the box but also cost over $45k. I knew someone in the aftermarket would have a power programmer soon for the Fusion so I went with the Ford and saved $6k. Two months later I bought the Livernois tuner and never looked back. Plus, the AWD is a bonus!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got my car back from the dealer for my dead battery, and multiple other small issues. I know everybody says you can't beat it for the money, but all I keep thinking is I should have spent the extra money and bought the Audi that I was going to get. The trans is my biggest complaint, in this day their is no reason that they can't make paddle shifters that respond better. The power is ok but for the advertised numbers it's a dog, the awd is adequate at best (the focus system is light-years better) and the brakes are horrible. It just falls short in almost every category that I wanted it to excel in. I know now that if I were to do the purchase over again I wouldn't even look at this car (other than my last s4 all I have ever owned was fords).

·
Registered
626 Posts
I still haven't purchased, I'm not spooked yet on the Sport.
Hoping if I order what I want at the end of the month, the bugs should be ironed out
by the time of delivery.

As far as the Audi, my wife has a Q5, in December she had it in the dealer for the 50000 mile service, it was
really close to $1000.
It's the supercharged V6, so they changed the SC belt and spark plugs along with the regular maintenance.
I read on the Audi forums when it's time to change the transfer case fluid, just the fluid was like 5-600 bucks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I still haven't purchased, I'm not spooked yet on the Sport.
Hoping if I order what I want at the end of the month, the bugs should be ironed out
by the time of delivery.

As far as the Audi, my wife has a Q5, in December she had it in the dealer for the 50000 mile service, it was
really close to $1000.
It's the supercharged V6, so they changed the SC belt and spark plugs along with the regular maintenance.
I read on the Audi forums when it's time to change the transfer case fluid, just the fluid was like 5-600 bucks.
I'm not looking at a 50k mile car I don't keep anything longer than a year or 2, so the maintenance thing doesn't mean anything to me. I'm purely looking for a car that's fun to drive, and meets my expectations. This car does not.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't have any regrets about the car itself, however I do have some regrets about the buying experience, since hindsight is always 20/20...

I wish I knew how much buying power I really had when I ordered my car. Being my first new car purchase, it was already a daunting task versus my first two cars which were used, and below the $10K mark paid in full. Going from barely making ends meet as a college student, to buying a new car 5 months after graduating was a significant step, however, that was the benefit of working to make sure I graduated debt free...

Had I known how much car I can actually afford, I would have sprung for the 3.0TT MKZ that I had really wanted. Being that the only performance metric I really care about is straight line speed, its the car that would have suited me better. Although the fuspo is pretty smooth, I still find it a bit harsh even in standard drive mode on the rough and bumpy roads of northeast ohio. I don't track or autoX my cars, so I just really don't care that much how flat they corner. The MKZ would have been more than enough to satisfy my cornering needs, especially with the trick torque-vectoring AWD system it gets versus our brake-based one. Also, those 30 way seats, they're just so amazing. I wanted those almost more than the 3.0...

I love my car, and Lightning Blue is just so pretty, however I think the MKZ would have been the better fit for me.

no regrets about the fusion. I feel like I got a lot of car for $35k.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I don't have any regrets about the car itself, however I do have some regrets about the buying experience, since hindsight is always 20/20...

I wish I knew how much buying power I really had when I ordered my car. Being my first new car purchase, it was already a daunting task versus my first two cars which were used, and below the $10K mark paid in full. Going from barely making ends meet as a college student, to buying a new car 5 months after graduating was a significant step, however, that was the benefit of working to make sure I graduated debt free...

Had I known how much car I can actually afford, I would have sprung for the 3.0TT MKZ that I had really wanted. Being that the only performance metric I really care about is straight line speed, its the car that would have suited me better. Although the fuspo is pretty smooth, I still find it a bit harsh even in standard drive mode on the rough and bumpy roads of northeast ohio. I don't track or autoX my cars, so I just really don't care that much how flat they corner. The MKZ would have been more than enough to satisfy my cornering needs, especially with the trick torque-vectoring AWD system it gets versus our brake-based one. Also, those 30 way seats, they're just so amazing. I wanted those almost more than the 3.0...

I love my car, and Lightning Blue is just so pretty, however I think the MKZ would have been the better fit for me.

no regrets about the fusion. I feel like I got a lot of car for $35k.
I totally agree... right after pulling the trigger and ordering the fusion sport and agreeing with the wife on it... I saw the MKZ and between the revel stereo, AWD system, chalet interior on the Black label, 400 hp/trq, panoramic glass roof, and massaging seats... I'm kickin my self... FUSION SPORT SHOULD BE GREAT when I gets here in a couple of weeks but the mkz is just a lot of icing on the cake...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Now don't get me wrong... the fusion sport I ordered is a way better deal... might not have those things, but it was 41,000 the way I optioned it... the MKZ was 61 and change!! I could have got my car and a fiesta for that price!!!... but I still would have prob convinced myself to get it if I would have seen it first...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts