Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife's FS had a Ford alarm added on by the dealer. The dealer we bought it from has a few locations and this car came from their Plano location. They were the ones who added this on. So one thing that happened was the remote start did not work from the key fob. The dealer offered to turn off the Ford alarm but I thought that was ridiculous. Ended up calling the location that installed the alarm and they said all we had to do was disconnect the battery. Done and issue was fixed!

Now what I am wondering is what exactly does this alarm do? Does interfere with the tuning process? Has anyone here successfully tuned their car with a Ford alarm installed?

·
Registered
100 Posts
So the wife's FS had a Ford alarm added on by the dealer. The dealer we bought it from has a few locations and this car came from their Plano location. They were the ones who added this on. So one thing that happened was the remote start did not work from the key fob. The dealer offered to turn off the Ford alarm but I thought that was ridiculous. Ended up calling the location that installed the alarm and they said all we had to do was disconnect the battery. Done and issue was fixed!

Now what I am wondering is what exactly does this alarm do? Does interfere with the tuning process? Has anyone here successfully tuned their car with a Ford alarm installed?
The 17 Fusion Sport already has an alarm built in.
Lock the car, with the windows rolled down, wait a few minutes, then reach in and open the door.
A message appears on the dash, with a count down to detonation.....then the horn blows. 5 second countdown, i think.

I've never cared too much for the alarm systems with vibration sensors because once someone hits/bumps/damages your car, the alarm going off from the vibration doesn't change the fact that the car was still hit/bumped/damaged. I just want the engine to be immobilized.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pulled the sticker out and it looks like it has some shock sensors on it.

The reason I brought this up is because I was beginning to think this alarm was causing an issue with tuning the car. It turns out her car is the first to be tuned with that specific strategy. You can only imagine what I have been going thru here. Definitely put Torrie to work but this will pave the way for the next who have the same strategy... Long story short,
bricked the car twice
multiple recoveries from SCT
current flash count on the X4 = 16
Still more work to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pulled the sticker out and it looks like it has some shock sensors on it.

The reason I brought this up is because I was beginning to think this alarm was causing an issue with tuning the car. It turns out her car is the first to be tuned with that specific strategy. You can only imagine what I have been going thru here. Definitely put Torrie to work but this will pave the way for the next who have the same strategy... Long story short,
bricked the car twice
multiple recoveries from SCT
current flash count on the X4 = 16
Still more work to do.
Your picture just reminded me..... the ford sync3 system alerts your phone when the alarm goes off by factory. It threw me off the first time it did it. Was not expecting it. My previous car had MyFordTouch and of course, it didn't do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts