Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not taking delivery until this Friday 9/7/16, but that didn't stop me from creating my Fusion Sport profile on Fuelly to track my MPG. I think I saw that currently there were only 2 other 2017 Fusion Sports on Fuelly. Join on in!

Fuelly - Track and Compare your MPG

·
Registered
331 Posts
If the app I use on Android could integrate with Fuelly, I would use it... As it is, I LOVE my Android app. Until that changes, I'll be keeping with it.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Once I get it I will use it for a period of time. I will give it a few thousand miles before I start tracking, probably after I do my first oil change, which will probably be around 2,000 miles more than likely, and I will use it for a while to get a decent baseline, after that I stop using it, since it really just starts reporting back the same numbers after a while.

Reactions: ike

·
Registered
529 Posts
I use my own custom spreadsheet to track all my data. I use Fuelly when filling at the pump to record required data points.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At least it's going up I guess!

My work pays for fuel so I kinda don't have to worry about it, I'm just anal in keeping track of it all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I really hope a tune helps mpg! I was hoping to get close to 30mph on hway as I drive over an hour one way for work about 35k miles per year.
My supercharged boss 302 with 725rwhp will return 22-25mpg hway
I bet the new 5.0 is more fuel efficient

·
Registered
529 Posts
I really hope a tune helps mpg! I was hoping to get close to 30mph on hway as I drive over an hour one way for work about 35k miles per year.
My supercharged boss 302 with 725rwhp will return 22-25mpg hway
I bet the new 5.0 is more fuel efficient
My 14 FuSE 2.0 average over 3 years was 26.3. 75% of it was highway. I took a few full tank trips, and wasn't getting much better than 30.5.

I'm currently getting about 28 on full highway trips with a feather pedal and cruise

·
Registered
331 Posts
Managed 19.4 on this latest tank, which included about a 3-hour total round-trip drive on some pretty windy roads at a constant 55-60MPH. Still plenty of "spirited" driving on it as well. Once I get my foot out of it a bit, I get the feeling it'll get up to the mid 20's.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use it on my cars, and have only filled up once so far; I probably average 80% city/20% highway; I'll report my numbers when obtained.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have used it on my previous 2 cars and will continue with the Fusion Sport. I've got 2 fill ups so far and sitting at 19.6 MPG on 87 octane with lots of idling and spirited driving. I'm usually at around 75% city and 25% highway for my normal driving.
My 09 Fusion SE with the 3.0L V6 averaged 21.2 MPG over 94,500 miles with a very heavy right foot so I don't expect the Sport to do any better than that. Hopefully it will surprise me.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've noticed that Fuelly shows me about 1mpg less than the factory trip computer. I reset it at every fill and the Fuelly calculation is always about an mpg lower. Anyone else experience that?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I've noticed that Fuelly shows me about 1mpg less than the factory trip computer. I reset it at every fill and the Fuelly calculation is always about an mpg lower. Anyone else experience that?
I have had some fuel ups that were up to about a 2 mpg difference. The factory computer is off every time. I would say normally by that 1-1.2 mpg, sometimes more though.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, not that I care too much because my work pays for fuel, but just that I noticed it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts