Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning the car the other day and noticed that there were tiny bubbles under the paint near the driver side door seam in one area. Is anyone else experiencing this? My car is almost a year past the 3 year corrosion warranty, so Ford won't cover it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just settled this with the dealer. I was a month out of the comprehensive (which is what Ford puts it under) and the dealer ended up taking care of this for me.

So Ford's corrosion warranty per the reps I spoke to is that corrosion is when a panel is rusted through. Surface rust does not fall under corrosion, it falls under the comprehensive.

Dealer is doing right by me. I'm going to get some sealant on the other doors to hopefully prevent anything else in the future. If its not too bad, make sure you sand it down and get some primer on it asap so that it doesn't spread. Rust is cancer for cars.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have it on the bottom welded seam of the rear passenger door. Dealer said Ford would not cover it. I will get it into a body shop in the next couple of months to take care of.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I was cleaning the car the other day and noticed that there were tiny bubbles under the paint near the driver side door seam in one area. Is anyone else experiencing this? My car is almost a year past the 3 year corrosion warranty, so Ford won't cover it.
Hi bluefusion, The Ford Corrosion Warranty is 5 years. However, there usually needs to be perforation for coverage. Check the Warranty Guide you were given when you purchased your Fusion.

Either way, you should point out to your Dealers Service Department that it is a 5 year Corrossion/Rust Warranty.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have it on the bottom welded seam of the rear passenger door. Dealer said Ford would not cover it. I will get it into a body shop in the next couple of months to take care of.
Mine was in the same spot. You could honestly get some sandpaper and rattle can it with factory paint from the dealer. Get some spray primer and the factory color. Since its on the inside it won't have to be perfect.

Thanks bbf2530, thats a better explanation than what I said. The bubbling is going to be at the dealers descretion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine was in the same spot. You could honestly get some sandpaper and rattle can it with factory paint from the dealer. Get some spray primer and the factory color. Since its on the inside it won't have to be perfect.
I've done this on several cars. It works, for a while at least. Rust always comes back.

Honestly, the best thing I've found for rust is spraying Fluid Film inside the doors once a year in the fall to keep it from getting started in the first place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Down the back of the front doors, my 13 has it and I know of two others that are doing the same thing. The sport is gonna get some extra attention with the rust proofing so I dont have repeat.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of this? I'm not finding any on my 18 but I'm also not sure I'm looking in the right spot.

·
Registered
251 Posts
MIne is in the exact same spot.

·
Registered
463 Posts
So does anyone with this problem wash there car and not dry it? I personally dry my car's exterior and door jams 90% of the time including inside my fuel door. My car also has synthetic wax and beadmaker is used religiously.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I do the same WhiteGhost. I never wash without drying. What brought it to my attention was my towel got caught on one of the plastic clips that fits over the drain holes in the bottom of the door. The clip popped out and I got down on my knees to pop it back in and saw the rust. I am not sure when this started. It may have started prior to my ownership. I have had the car for about 10 months.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Unfortunately this problem existed before I was the owner of the vehicle. I've only had it for about three months, obviously it couldn't have rusted that quickly. My last car I owned for seven years without every having an issue like that and it was much older. Hand washed (except in winter) and always dried off afterwards.

When I spoke to the gentleman at the body shop he said its quite common on these vehicles for some reason. His own fusion had it developing ('16).

·
Registered
309 Posts
I haven't seen any yet on mine, but I just have to say, if I do run into this problem in the first 10 years of ownership, that will p155 me off something fierce. There's no excuse for this on a car built in the past 20-30 years. This shouldn't be happening.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Now I'm afraid to look
My 02 Ranger and 09 MKZ both had the issue, I ground them out and painted POR 15 over them and matched spray paint.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
this is about the only time I like living in the desert no rust ..

Reactions: Vidmo
1 - 18 of 18 Posts