Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my black Sport (with tinted windows) it seemed like people were better about getting out of the passing lane on the highway compared my previous cars. I thought my mind was just playing tricks on me and didn't think about it much. Then I had a few friends mention that it looks like a detective car, an undercover cruiser, that they would get out of the way if I was behind them, etc. It's become a running joke at this point.

The other day I was heading home after dark and I was tired so I was just cruising in the right lane at 65mph. Cars kept catching up to me and then slowing down and wouldn't pass me. Eventually a Jeep got up to about 70mph and passed me so just for fun I moved over behind him (kind of a douchey move but funny experiment nonetheless). He immediately moved to the right and slowed down.

Has anyone else experienced this? Cops don't even use Fusions here, that's more of an NYC thing I think - ours are mostly Explorers with very few Chargers, Tahoes, and the rare Taurus thrown in.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I love that you pulled in behind that Jeep! Haha!
In my case, cops keep mistaking me for someone who’s speeding!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Detroit uses the Police Interceptor Responder Hybrid (Fusion Hybrid) but I only see them mainly at sporting events where DPD is hired for security/etc... And sometimes I spot them at crime scenes watching the morning news. The most common police vehicles in Michigan are Chargers, Explorer (PIU's), and Tahoes. Some local departments still have Caprice and Taurus (PIS) but most are switching out to the new 2020-up Explorer/PIU or run the Charger for highway patrol (like MSP).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Detroit uses the Police Interceptor Responder Hybrid (Fusion Hybrid) but I only see them mainly at sporting events where DPD is hired for security/etc... And sometimes I spot them at crime scenes watching the morning news. The most common police vehicles in Michigan are Chargers, Explorer (PIU's), and Tahoes. Some local departments still have Caprice and Taurus (PIS) but most are switching out to the new 2020-up Explorer/PIU or run the Charger for highway patrol (like MSP).
I have not seen any FFS or FF that were marked or unmarked in my area. I have noticed that most unmarked police vehicles do seem to have there windows tinted and sometimes I think it is more tint than is allowable by law as it us pretty dark. I think tinted windows look very nice but I cannot see very well out of them in the dark or in parking structures.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
39 Posts
When I had my '14 Taurus , everybody slowed down when I showed up. Fort Worth used them as Counstable cars.

Nobody notices my FFS.

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport Ecoboost AWD
33 Posts
Local police all use Explorers in marked. Unmarked are in black or white with interior light bars.

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
Doesn't happen to me in the Fusion, but happens most of the time when I have the winter wheels on my Edge Sport 😂

·
Registered
486 Posts
The strobes in the grille are a red flag! Or in this case, a red herring!!

Reactions: DaMiFo

·
Super Moderator
1,457 Posts
The strobes in the grille are a red flag! Or in this case, a red herring!!
Actually just driving / flood lights I use as high beams.. Had them on my old Focus, when it was hit I moved them to my Edge that replaced it since the high-beams were almost as are horrendous as the Focus'.

Either way, wasn't my intention, but not gonna lie I love the outcome!

Reactions: Fozzy and Shawnski
1 - 11 of 11 Posts