Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant go do anything, I have to HOLD the hose there or it shuts off...annoying as all ****!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe its our CA nozzles.

·
Registered
165 Posts
TK - Never had a problem with it in almost 8 years with my '10 Mustang GT. I also like that I've never lost a cap.

·
Registered
481 Posts
maybe its just me or does the capless caps leak a bit more?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't 'think' it leaks more..... there's another door behind that first door that the nozzle actually pushes. The inner door has seals on it and it does not open until the nozzle opens the first door, and presses the little release inside the hole......that's at least what i found when i was trying to figure out how it worked on my Focus ST...... I haven't fiddled with it on my Fusion because it works just fine. This car isn't a collector's car so i don't see why it would sit long enough to notice gas escaping...... just my opinion....
maybe its just me or does the capless caps leak a bit more?

·
Super Moderator
1,303 Posts
Works just fine for me. I lock down the nozzel on auto all the time while I do a walk around and clean windshield/headlights. I travel a lot for work. Some nozzles don't like full insertion but other than that no problem here.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I don't 'think' it leaks more..... there's another door behind that first door that the nozzle actually pushes. The inner door has seals on it and it does not open until the nozzle opens the first door, and presses the little release inside the hole......that's at least what i found when i was trying to figure out how it worked on my Focus ST...... I haven't fiddled with it on my Fusion because it works just fine. This car isn't a collector's car so i don't see why it would sit long enough to notice gas escaping...... just my opinion....
when gasing up, its prob jsut me taking it out to quick

·
Registered
624 Posts
I haven't had any issues whatsoever. I love it. No leaking, no trouble with letting go of nozzle. I can't speak for you guys in California, but here in the Midwest our nozzles are more than long enough to keep it in, if you know what I mean, 😁 lol!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I like it, no cap to dangle and bounce off my car

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do other states have longer nozzles???

Maybe I'll take a video of it and post it...this is 2017, right?

The it being it almost falling out of the hole and scratching up the side of my car!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I love the capless system. When I got my Flex in 09 with it, I was positive that every manufacture would have their own version out within a few years. I am amazed that Ford is the only one putting this system out in such large quantities.

I dislike gas caps and the fiddling it takes to seat some of them in winter when the silly plastic tether gets all stiff, not to mention getting a gas smell on your hands.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I cant go do anything, I have to HOLD the hose there or it shuts off...annoying as all ****!
EVERY. FREAKING. TIME.

I thought I was the only one...

I think its because the filler hole is such a tight fit for the pump nozzle (at least on pumps we're using), the backpressure builds up too quickly since the air in the tank can't escape past the filler nozzle easily enough, which engages the pump's automatic overflow shut off.

It wasn't a big deal when the weather was nice, I just had to be patient while I let it fill more slowly by hand. But holy $#!% in the middle of winter, I'm freezing my nuts off standing there babysitting the pump when I would normally be sitting in the car!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I had this system in my 2010, and again with this car. I have only had a couple of times where it wouldn't continue to fill up, and a few others where it shut off early. The ones that shut off early, I was able to turn it back on and it went fine.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Never had a problem with my 2014 or this one. I love the system - it's so quick and convenient!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
EVERY. FREAKING. TIME.

I thought I was the only one...

I think its because the filler hole is such a tight fit for the pump nozzle (at least on pumps we're using), the backpressure builds up too quickly since the air in the tank can't escape past the filler nozzle easily enough, which engages the pump's automatic overflow shut off.

It wasn't a big deal when the weather was nice, I just had to be patient while I let it fill more slowly by hand. But holy $#!% in the middle of winter, I'm freezing my nuts off standing there babysitting the pump when I would normally be sitting in the car!

Ok, at least SOMEONE feels my pain. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've never had a problem getting it to start, but three or four times now the pump won't shut off and spills gas all over the car and the ground. And this has happened at different gas stations.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts