Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, not very sporty, but what do you do with chip and seal roads and black color? It will look like the night sky in no time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. Stone quards as in mud flaps, 4 of them behind all four tires attached to the body. I see they are offered by Ford @ $50 a pair. looked on the weather tech site, did not see any offered by them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Curious too. Tried to Google and find a photo but had no luck. I'm worried they'll look terrible but I don't want my rockers chewed up this winter.

·
Registered
481 Posts
i would try a clear 3M bra/coating before putting mud flaps on a fusion but to each is own =)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I believe someone on here installed them on theirs... don't remember who. Try running a search for mud flaps.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ordered a cheap set from ebay to see how they look, and how well they work. Haven't gotten them yet. Amazon prime has made me very impatient with standard shipping from other websites...

·
Registered
740 Posts
I ordered some on Amazon. Worked very nicely.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I know, not very sporty, but what do you do with chip and seal roads and black color? It will look like the night sky in no time.
I got a cheap set of 4 on Ebay that someone said they fit the Fusion, but they did not fit. So I got the Ford set and they fit well and are solidly attached. Came with instructions which the cheapos didn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Got my Ebay cheapies in the mail yesterday and first impressions are very good! The plastic is thick/robust feeling, but also flexible without being too soft/rubbery. I held them up to the car and the fit seems pretty spot on, the holes line up with a couple of the stock locations where the wheel well liners snap in too, so I don't think I'll have to drill any holes either (they did come with some self-tapping screws if needed). For $16 dollars shipped, I don't think I could have done much better...

I'll get them mounted when I have some time this weekend to crawl around on the ground but I don't expect for it to be too difficult or very time consuming.

·
Registered
246 Posts
update. Got the fronts mounted this weekend. The fit is perfect, and the holes lined up perfectly with the stock mounting locations so no extra holes. took all of 10 minutes.

The rears line up just as well, so yay no holes, however they mount in behind the wheel well tub and then come out and fit around the bottom of the bumper so I'm going to have to do them on a day when I can take off the wheels, because there's just no room to work with them on.

I'm not as concerned with getting the rears on immediately since they don't throw crap all over the side of the car like the fronts do.

10/10 do recommend. This is the Ebay seller if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mud Guards / Flaps

Just bought the factory mud guards for my 2017 Fusion Sport. Do I leave them black or do I paint them to match the white platinum? Your opinions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would think leaving them black

Just bought the factory mud guards for my 2017 Fusion Sport. Do I leave them black or do I paint them to match the white platinum? Your opinions would be much appreciated.
would be just fine. so close to the tires. hardly noticeable. They do their job and go un noticed.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I sent a message to Rally Armor to see if they will make a vehicle specific kit for the Sport.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts