Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for a sporty sedan. Am considering a Sport but like any buyer would like to keep the cost as low as possible. I am not a technology buff. Do carry a smart phone but dont use it much other to text and could care less if it was paired to the car.
This being said, what is your opinion of options I might regret not getting?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I do love my 401A package, though I use Android Auto a lot, and I love the upgraded sound system. I don't necessarily care about the two screens on the dash as they don't do much for me (I have it on the tach all the time anyway). As far as what to look for that you might regret, I would have to say I love my cooled seats, and for no more than they cost it should be equipped on every car. The only thing that I would really like to have had on my car that I didn't get, was the adaptive cruise control... My fiance's sister lives a couple hours away and we go and visit somewhat frequently. There's only two lanes on the highway we travel on, and a lot of tractor-trailer traffic that causes continuous slowdowns. It makes it hard to use cruise control without stopping and resuming every few miles.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Only thing I wish I got was a sunroof. I have the 401a and I could care less about anything else. my top priorities were heated seats and a good sound system. But I'm not too worried about it since my car is a lease so I'll get exactly what I wanted in a little over two years from now. I'm hoping they redesign the SHO because that's what I was looking at before the sport. I just couldn't get over the cramped interior for how big the car is. Plus I think the sport is better looking.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I only have the 400A package and moonroof and am largely happy, did not want all the nanny technology. Basic Sync/phone integration is fine. I do wish I could have gotten the upgraded stereo without all the other stuff but no big deal.

Doc

·
Registered
504 Posts
It all depends. I got every option including park assist. But I'm an older guy and am looking for every possible edge when it comes to safety and assistance. So adaptive speed control is important. All the navigation tech with voice too. Warning me if I am backing into traffic in a parking lot, worthwhile. The more the car can do to help me, the better. I'm still able to push the car and enjoy it like I did the muscle cars of the 70's. But I like have all the "Plan B's" if I make a mistake. To me that was the reason to go with all the tech. Plus I am a tech lover. It all comes down to what is important to you. If I was 25 years old I might get the base model.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I only have the 400A package and moonroof and am largely happy, did not want all the nanny technology. Basic Sync/phone integration is fine. I do wish I could have gotten the upgraded stereo without all the other stuff but no big deal.

Doc
Dumb question but do you have the Left/Right screens on your dash? Or do you have a mechanical tachometer?

The tach on the digital cluster annoys me to no end. Absolutely hate it compared to the base fusion cluster.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Like others have said, stuff like Adaptive cruise control and others were never on my Cobra, so I don't know what I'm missing.

401a was a must, navigation was a must because i drive everywhere, always wanted a moonroof, and the cooled seats are heaven. I ordered my car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah, the right screen is pretty much completely useless (for me)

The ONLY saving grace is that, if you have it set to show navigation information, it will show you the speed limit of the current road you're driving on, without having to have the navigation up on main touch screen.

Incredibly useful if you use CarPlay, since apple maps doesn't show the speed limit.

I want to swap my cluster for a MKZ or Mondeo in the near future.

·
Registered
552 Posts
No regrets

I leased mine off the lot. I wanted a reasonable monthly payment, and don't really care about technology. The only options mine has is the color (Burgundy Velvet) and All weather floor mats.

It comes with so much stuff standard, I really couldn't ask for more. Plus I don't want any extra weight in the car.

I'm in my mid 50's and prefer "simple". Just my opinion.

Plus I did opt for the 93 Unleashed tune right away. My FAVORITE option by far!!!

Pinky

·
Registered
24 Posts
Since the car was already close to my budget, the only option I got was the all-weather floormats (great choice, but evidently some after-market ones are better).

The things I really really miss by getting the 400A package is the climate control and the upgraded stereo. But as previously mentioned, the electronic tach on the 401A package is laughable, and that reinforced my decision not to get the 401A. Sync 3 and smart phone access doesn't do anything for me.

I like sunroofs, but only use them about a dozen times a year, so I don't miss that. The integrated garage door opener is nice, but I can live with my $30 opener attached to the passenger visor instead of the $1,050 option. That wasn't a hard decision.

·
Registered
357 Posts
For me adaptive is awesome and wont be able to go back to "classic cruise control". I wasnt fussed on getting blis but the cross traffic feature is something you should strongly consider. Great for carparks and backing out of the drive way. Really glad i have it. For me the dual climate control was on my must have list. I have also had a sunroof on every single car ive owned. The rest is a bit gimicky and depends on what level of driving assists you need. I still check over my shoulder when changing lanes and know if im going to rear end the guy in front - lol

·
Registered
626 Posts
My requirements were 401A and cooled seats
Unfortunately the closest match I could find has
NAV and sunroof added.
My previous car was a MKZ and had the cooled seats, use them all the time.

I don't use the NAV and sunroof and someone on here added the
garage door opener for a few bucks.
The hole and wires are in the sun visor.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have 401A, Driver Assist, Moonroof.

Navigation: no regrets not buying it. I use Google Maps and Waze on my car screen flawlessly.

Enhanced Park Assist: Would it be cool to play with? Yeah. For sub $500? maybe. For $1000? not in my book. But this is opinion based. If you're not the best at parallel parking a car and do it every day, I suppose it could be worth it. That's about the only use

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go: Probably the only feature I'd say I wish I had. After purchasing the car, I realized it does a lot more than you think.

Two perks in one: Not only do you get adaptive cruise control (choose your car length and adaptive general speed), It's also a forward collision prevention/detection system. I'd say this worth the money not only for safety purposes, but also for comfort and drive ability purposes

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the 400a with zero options. I have zero regret outside of not getting a sunroof. I'm a human gps so navigation isn't needed for me. Adaptive cruise wouldn't help in the traffic I drive through daily. An upgraded stereo is nice, but not worth the cost as you have to get the complete 401a package. If you don't need anything else in 401a then just go to your local audio shop and spend a few hundred dollars to get a decent subwoofer installed. The stock system isn't bad imo, but if you want deep bass you need a sub.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Enhanced Park Assist: Would it be cool to play with? Yeah. For sub $500? maybe. For $1000? not in my book. But this is opinion based. If you're not the best at parallel parking a car and do it every day, I suppose it could be worth it. That's about the only use
One thing about this that I did not realize when purchasing is that without this package, you do not get the front sensors for parking. I was used to it on the Lexus so it took a bit of time to adjust to not having it again.

·
Registered
451 Posts
One thing about this that I did not realize when purchasing is that without this package, you do not get the front sensors for parking. I was used to it on the Lexus so it took a bit of time to adjust to not having it again.
Interesting you say that. This means the front parking sensors and the front adaptive cruise control sensors are different I suppose. Just clicked... the ACC are radar based, and the front parking sensors are like the ones on the bumper

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Appreciate the feedback. But I wasnt impressed by the quality of the interior or the handling of the car. Did not like the weight of it either. I bought a Nissan Maxima SL instead. I thought you all deserved an update before I disappeared.
Nice car, just wasnt for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just went though this yesterday. I went in to get a Ruby Red Sport with everything but park assist and those options pushed the car out of my price range. They had an Base Ingot Silver Sport and I was actually surprised how many features the base model came with. Base stereo isn't as good and the Sony but miles better than the stock system in my Frontier. I did really want the cooled seats and I'm glad the base still has as rear view cam as it is a must for me with a bad neck. Loving this car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the 401A package. I really didn't want the lane alerts, etc., but I would have loved to have gotten cooled seats. In my area you can't separate them. I didn't want the nanny stuff more than I did want the cooled seats. But if there was a way to add them, I'd leap on it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It seems like I got a odd mix of options, heated seats with no cooling. Sunroof . basic one screen display on dash and the non touch-screen radio, but with premium Sony sound/surround sound. and the heavy duty floor mats.

I do miss the cooled seats I had in my SHO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts