Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting new spark plugs should I get high performance or should I just stick with the motorcraft spark plugs and I'm getting my differential fluid check and not maybe a PTU I'm not sure what exactly what that is but

Registered
I'm getting new spark plugs should I get high performance or should I just stick with the motorcraft spark plugs and I'm getting my differential fluid check and not maybe a PTU I'm not sure what exactly what that is but
If I remember correctly, our stock plugs are the coldest possible, the same plugs as used on the Ford GT race car. I think our stock plugs (not on normal Fusions, but definitely on our Sports) qualify as performance plugs. 馃槈

In fact, some people have bought "special" plugs from tuners then figured out with our cars they're actually the same plugs as we run stock. 馃槀

Registered
Yep. I fell for plugs advertised as 鈥渙ne temperature range colder鈥 boondoggle.
As my old Pappy used to say, 鈥渃older than what?鈥 should have been the next question. My car eats plugs for breakfast and the most durable and best at holding their gap that I鈥檝e found by trial and error are the Motorcraft plugs**.

**The Shawnski Disclaimer: your experience may vary!

Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
From reading around here (I just bought a 19sport) the PTU fluid should be changed like now lol

Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
f I remember correctly, our stock plugs are the coldest possible, the same plugs as used on the Ford GT race car. I think our stock plugs (not on normal Fusions, but definitely on our Sports) qualify as performance plugs. 馃槈
Actually this is not true on the MY19 Fusion Sports. They did NOT come with the colder plugs from the factory:
Heads up to all 2019 Sports, you may have the hotter SP-578 (CYFS12YPT) plugs from the factory like I did | Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum (fusionsportforums.com)

Reactions: Engineer

Registered
PTU fluid is easy to change, I do mine every oil change. Takes about a quart, have yet to see anything even close to dirty looking or burnt smelling. I think I can go every other oil though, and still be doing really good. I need to do my RDU though, that's next on the list with the next oil change

Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
PTU fluid is easy to change, I do mine every oil change. Takes about a quart, have yet to see anything even close to dirty looking or burnt smelling. I think I can go every other oil though, and still be doing really good. I need to do my RDU though, that's next on the list with the next oil change
I know the importance of keeping the PTU oil fresh but every oil change? it's probably still the same color as new! lol
I think every 10k should be sufficient.

Registered
@Skipe: please send me your used PTU fluid and I鈥檒l be happy to finish wearing it out for you! Ha!

Registered
I was shooting for 10,000 between changes.

Registered
How many miles on the car?

I change fluids relatively often and my tune didn't change that schedule. I literally did nothing for the tune - I had new spark plugs but didn't need to put them in as the car ran great right from the moment I installed the tune.

Registered
I bought it last May with just a tic over 16,000 has 35,000 on it now, So I changed it at 20 and 30 so far. Oil wise, I,m shooting for 20% left on it when I change that, which I,ve been doing pretty good hitting. Just have to check the oil minder every once n while to see where your at, I,m about do for a look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts