Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, friends! Is anyone in NJ edison, metuchen, new brunswick area?
I need a little demo of the cars 4wd capabilities, I am working with a dealer and my transmission was replaced (it ate itself apparently) but the car definitely does not have 4wd as the front wheels spin wildly when I get on it and it has torque steer I never felt before.

I've had the car for many months and know how it felt and it had tons of grip and now the front wheels spin and there is a noticeable lack of grip so I feel the rear wheels are either not getting power or slipping but can't prove it to the dealer since they test drove and everything felt fine to them. Which i am sure on a gentle test drive everything would feel fine regardless.

I know there is a clutch of some sort in the rear end I am thinking something is broken back there, we have no error codes or anything and the dash says the car is getting power to the rear but it's clearly physically not.

The dealer does not have now or has driven a fusion sport to compare.
Can anyone help out and meet up?
I just need them to see how the car should feel and grip under acceleration, I will pay you for your time of course!
This NEVER and I mean NEVER spun the front wheels even in the rain, it was all grip all the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm not near NJ, but what does the AWD dash indicator show when you're driving?

Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Automotive design Gauge

·
Registered
5 Posts
figured putting my feedback in here even though im unnable to help but I have a similar issue where my fusion is back in the dealer for the second time having the transmission rebuilt as its been tearing through clutches. I know that how I drive doesn't help but still I feel like there's gotta be something else wrong

·
Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
figured putting my feedback in here even though im unnable to help but I have a similar issue where my fusion is back in the dealer for the second time having the transmission rebuilt as its been tearing through clutches. I know that how I drive doesn't help but still I feel like there's gotta be something else wrong
So your rear drive is slipping? I'm thinking it has to be the rear diff clutch deal.
Wonder if anyone makes a solid coupler but full time 4wd may get worse mpg on the highway and be rough to drive.

·
Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alrighty, so the ford field sevrice engineer got back to the dealership (after ford custome care escalation) and without driving the car again stated that the car is operating normally and that what was happening before was the rear wheel drive differental NOT working properly and now that it has a new transmission this is normally behavior for the front wheels to slip.

You read that right, it's that stupid.
I think it's time to trade in... very sad here.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Alrighty, so the ford field sevrice engineer got back to the dealership (after ford custome care escalation) and without driving the car again stated that the car is operating normally and that what was happening before was the rear wheel drive differental NOT working properly and now that it has a new transmission this is normally behavior for the front wheels to slip.

You read that right, it's that stupid.
I think it's time to trade in... very sad here.
Did you ever try the other dealer?

·
Registered
2019 Ford Fusion Sport
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you ever try the other dealer?
Not yet, ford customer service told me if I get the car they can't help me. (last week.)
After this last attemp to get a different field tech to drive the car I may bring it to the FRPP dealership mentioned.
Basically now Ford customer service says all they can do get try and get a different field tech.
And that if I bring it to a different dealer I will most likely get a different field tech.

I honestly can't believe this has gotten to the point it is today where I am having to prove to ford how the car should drive.
All they need to do is throw a new rear diff in it. I may even end up doing it myself, they are on ebay for under $300

1 - 8 of 8 Posts