Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day,

Do I have to be worried about the antennae going through the car wash? If so what does one do, remove it before letting the attendant take the car?

Thanks,

·
Registered
47 Posts
I will be replacing mine with the normal shark fin as I did with my Explorer. I wish Ford would get on board with this as with other manufacturers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

I am leasing the car and am happy to hear that I don't need to worry (I use brusheless car wash, never seen touchless :)).

If the antennae gives good Sirius\XM I will leave it alone, if is does not I may try that $80 sharkfin mentioned elsewhere on the forum and available on Amazon.

TTFN,

·
Registered
21 Posts
We have a 2015 and 2016 Explorer and the 15' came with the same antennae that my FuSpo came with, but the 16' has a shark fin. Ford could have put the fin on the the Sport to further distinguish it from the ordinary Fusions. Anyone know if the factory Ford fin can replace the current one?
I was looking at this one from Visual Garage, but they don't have 2017 paint codes yet. Also, they claim it won't affect the GPS/Radio reception, but I'm skeptical about that.
https://shop.visualgarage.com/products/ford-fusion-shark-fin-antenna

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is exactly what I was looking at, via Amazon. And in my case they had Oxford white. What color car did you get?

I ask because i had to go to Ford to find the color code for 2017 Oxford white, then to the vendors site to get their code and then I found it at Amazon. A little more convoluted but if I do decide to order, I know I will get a matching color.

Or maybe I should go for a black sharkfin :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Pretty sure brushless and touchless are the same? Just high power spray. No brushes.

"brushless" usually means they have those "wipes" on the roller still, that still spin around and hit the car, but not as abrasive as a brush. I don't have any "touchless" ones near where I live.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I only use touchless washes. But I did once grind up a power antenna on a 94 SHO way back when. LOL
Hey Dave,

Pretty obvious you love your car! I live hear in Denver and have a very large customer here called Mark VII car wash. These guys actually are a merger of many regional car wash companies and manufacture both touch and touchless car washes ranging from small gas station types all the way up to the big tunnels. Anyhoo...the lead engineer made a comment to me about 3-4 years ago that he "would never ever use a touchless wash on his personal car". Basically, he went on to say that the chemicals needed to remove the dirt are far worse on the paint than the potential for swirls.

Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yeah, I use touchless, but like Dave, I have a good coat of wax on my car. The only time I ever use them is in the winter when I want to get the salt off. In the summer, I hand wash my car.

Reactions: 1153
1 - 12 of 12 Posts