Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see, anytime I roll the window up for even a split second longer than the "all the way up mode" it automatically goes half way down. Is anyone else having these issues?
http://youtu.be/gL9xuPlap98

·
Super Moderator
1,306 Posts
I was told it was tint causing a slight increase in drag causing the motor to do bounce back. Mine did it before I tinted my windows. Service rep said they silicone the window pinch and that resolves it. I tried the bounce back but the window bounces back even when holding the button UP.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine still does this crap - first time was during a car wash! Yeah, I wanted to torch my car on the spot.

It happens every time I roll down my passenger side window.. I dropped in to the dealer last time and they said it's probably the weatherstrip tripping the bounce back feature. "GEE THANKS FOR THE FIX!" lol :)

·
Super Moderator
1,306 Posts
So I had the dead car issue like many others and the dealer said my head unit was causing the drain. So they replaced it with one that came in a new cars they just unloaded to get me back up and running but they didn't address my window issue. So on a whim this morning I tried the steps again and now my passenger side window works like a champ.

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Mine only wouldnt auto go up with the rest of the windows. Dealer reset the window and all has been good for 3 months now

·
Registered
120 Posts
My passenger side rear window has this problem.

I came back to my car with the window down and I'm confused.

Sure enough, back in the garage at home, i try to roll it up with the one touch command...doesn't work, only goes up an inch.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Did you get it figured out? I read on the edge forums they were having similar issues. They did the reset and it worked for them. I posted the instructions for someone on Facebook but can't find it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Try this

1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed, then release
the switch.
2. Lift the switch again for one more second.
3. Press and hold the switch until the window is fully open, then release
the switch.
4. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.
5. Open the window and try to close it automatically.
6. Reset and repeat procedure if the window does not close
automatically.

Reactions: dshaf97
1 - 10 of 10 Posts