Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am starting to think that as a white male, I am not Ford's target audience here. :)
I was hoping they would go with something similar to Dodge's recent IN YOUR FACE BURN YOUR TIRES Charger and Challenger ads!

But guess not - I don't like these current Fusion Sport ads.

·
Registered
12 Posts
They're clearly trying to appeal to a diverse audience. The Sport is certainly stylish, sexy, and fast enough to appeal to all comers, including women and people who are not necessarily car enthusiasts. Broad generalization here, but over 50 plus years of being a car enthusiast (since I was ten), I would note that African Americans have typically appreciated American luxury brands such as Caddies and Lincolns, and bigger cars over smaller cars. The Fusion Sport makes a pretty big statement, as far as I am concerned. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
81 Posts
More sales is always good but this does suggest they're going in a different direction than I think many of us would have hoped. Just doesn't make a **** of a lot of sense because for whatever I want the car to be, it is just a Fusion with better performance so the Sport should really only appeal to people who want a Fusion but don't think it has enough power. Maybe they're just hoping it brings people in to the dealer and then they can send them off in an SE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts