Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to experiment with this a bit more. I have a Galaxy S7. Can this be used with Bluetooth or only when connected with USB? From what I have read it seems that the S7 should support Bluetooth.

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
I think it's only USB for now. I have a Note 5 (running 6.0.1 Marshmallow), and as soon as I plug it in to USB it pops up with Android Auto, however when I connect via Bluetooth only, the system makes no mention of Android Auto under Settings or Apps. I feel like that would suck a ton of battery, just streaming Spotify over Bluetooth a decent amount of power. Let us know if you do figure it out tho!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
the bluetooth is only for audio. Phone calls and music.

Android auto and apple car play need to be connected through USB

·
Registered
25 Posts
It makes sense. For bluetooth it is using your Car as a headset/speaker. To do what android auto does it would need to be shared over a wifi network, cell network (data costs would go up) or direct plug in the USB.

·
Super Moderator
1,524 Posts
Well Google did announce Android Auto will be able to be used over WiFi (link here) in a future update at lest year's Google I/O, and our cars do have WiFi built in for it to work. So not sure if there's some additional setup, or if that part just wasn't included with the Android Auto 2.0 update.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have been trying to experiment with this a bit more. I have a Galaxy S7. Can this be used with Bluetooth or only when connected with USB? From what I have read it seems that the S7 should support Bluetooth.
Some of your apps will work bluetooth, but it won't be in an Android Auto format.
For Example:
if you download Pandora or the Domino's Pizza app on your phone, you will see it in the apps section of your radio. you can actually order a pizza in the car without touching the phone. Its 'okay' i guess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts