Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one having issues getting Android Auto to connect to the car? I have it downloaded and then my phone plugged into the column well USB outlet, and my phone won't recognize that I'm connected to the car. Same thing when I connect to the storage bin USB outlet.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I haven't had any problems with a Nexus 6P. I've been using the front USB port under the radio.

What phone are you using? Have you gone through the Android Auto app for the authorization process? Is your phone supported by Ford? Is your Bluetooth enabled?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I haven't had any problems with a Nexus 6P. I've been using the front USB port under the radio.

What phone are you using? LG G3
Have you gone through the Android Auto app for the authorization process? Yup
Is your phone supported by Ford? My research says yes.
Is your Bluetooth enabled? Always while in the car.
Answered above.

Basically, I open the app and then open AA, but AA always give me the "(!) Connect your phone to your car" message and never sets up.

edit: Maybe my phone isn't compatible with AA? But why can I download it then?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Please try a different USB cable to eliminate that as a possible problem.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please try a different USB cable to eliminate that as a possible problem.
Please read my original post. I tried both the entertainment stack port and also the console storage bin port. Same result.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He said to use a different CABLE, not port.
D'oh.

I really don't think that will matter, though. My contacts import just fine as is. But I guess I'll try that.

Reading is hard today. My bad.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You misunderstand, try a different USB cable and use the front USB port in the car. The cable, itself, may be the problem.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You misunderstand, try a different USB cable and use the front USB port in the car. The cable, itself, may be the problem.
Yea my bad. Hectic day at work and I read that too quickly.

Not the cable. Just tried a different cable and same result. Same "(!) Connect your phone to your car" message. Never moves on to setup.

·
Registered
189 Posts
****, seems you have a tech support call to Ford in front of you.

This begs the question: How does one get updates to the infotainment system? Via WiFi? If so, how does one setup the car to connect to your home's WiFi in order to check if there are any updates. I know I read that updates do occur but not how they are implemented.

Good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
****, seems you have a tech support call to Ford in front of you.

This begs the question: How does one get updates to the infotainment system? Via WiFi? If so, how does one setup the car to connect to your home's WiFi in order to check if there are any updates. I know I read that updates do occur but not how they are implemented.

Good luck.
My salesman told me that yea, it is via wifi. IIRC, the car will alert you if there are wifi networks available. So you basically go in and authorize whatever one you choose and then updates come over the air.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it to work! I'm a moron...apparently there's a setting in Sync3 that you have to turn on in order to make it work. Once I flipped that switch, it worked right away.

Now to get FordPass figured out...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good work. I take it RTFM was not helpful?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Read the frakin' manual.
:D:D:D It certainly didn't help me with this issue. But it's helped me with a few others! Maybe my reading comp is getting crap.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There actually is a place to enable the Sport to search for and connect to wi-fi. I've gone thru so many menus I don't remember where but I know it's in there!

Ken

·
Registered
186 Posts
There actually is a place to enable the Sport to search for and connect to wi-fi. I've gone thru so many menus I don't remember where but I know it's in there!
Select "Settings" on the Sync3 main screen. One of the icons is "WiFi." Some icons are off the screen to the right - swipe across the screen to bring them into view, like on your smartphone. Search, select your SSID, and enter your password at the prompt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts