Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Going to paint my calipers red and the brackets and rotors black. Ill post up finished pics tomorrow.
I will be interesting in seeing how this works out for you. It is one of the things I was considering doing. I was wondering just how much work, difficulty and what it would look like.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be interesting in seeing how this works out for you. It is one of the things I was considering doing. I was wondering just how much work, difficulty and what it would look like.
This is the 7th vehicle Ive done and its all in the prep with getting the G2 to last. The sooner you do after you buy the car, the better and less prep it requires. The easiest way to prep is to buy a couple of wire wheels for your drill and a small wire brush. The kit comes with a brake cleaner to remove the remaining grim and dust.
One issue with this car will be the clips and not scratching the paint on the calipers when they get reinstalled. I will post up pics once I finish it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Time to mark one mod off the list with see several to go once I get my car back from Ford.
They turned out good and the clips didn't cause any issues. Worst part was finding a 11mm allen socket for the front caliper bolts and the rear are 7mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
looks good!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Oh so nice Vert! Can you do mine? Lol

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks really good!
This was done with a brush, correct? One or two coats?
If it was, I can't tell, coating must lay down nicely.
Yes it was with a brush, but I only use the supplied G2 brush in tight areas. For large areas I use a decent 1/2 paint brush. It was 2 coats and the best part about G2 is that its self leveling so it helps hide brush strokes.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I just flipped 400 miles on my car so now would be the time to do it.

I read a few reviews with people complaining they barely had enough paint for 2 coats, did you experience the same?

So I need to find an 11 and 7 mm hex socket. I think I have a Craftsman set that
goes past 7 but probably not to 11.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just flipped 400 miles on my car so now would be the time to do it.

I read a few reviews with people complaining they barely had enough paint for 2 coats, did you experience the same?

So I need to find an 11 and 7 mm hex socket. I think I have a Craftsman set that
goes past 7 but probably not to 11.
I had plenty leftover, Id say enough for at least one more coat. Ive used the G2 paint numerous times and Ive never come close to running out.
My set went 7-10 then it skipped 11mm and went to 12. I checked harbor freight, menards with no luck so I had to travel to Sears for the 11mm.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I most likely have the same Craftsman set, probably up to 10.
Short work week, off Good Friday, may have found myself something to do!
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'll probably go to Sears, (what one's are left, LOL,) and try to buy just the 11 mm socket.
They used to have the cabinet full of loose sockets to replace missing ones.

Does anybody have the torque specs on the caliper mounting bolts?
Manual lists 150 ft/lbs for the lug nuts.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll probably go to Sears, (what one's are left, LOL,) and try to buy just the 11 mm socket.
They used to have the cabinet full of loose sockets to replace missing ones.

Does anybody have the torque specs on the caliper mounting bolts?
Manual lists 150 ft/lbs for the lug nuts.
The rears are 22ft lbs and the best I could find on the ole interweb for the 11mm caliper bolt was 40ft lbs, so I torqued mine to 40.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts