Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, first car having the ambient lighting. It's cool, and provides exactly what it is designed to do. With that said, it is so ambient that I don't even notice that it isn't on. This has happened twice that I can recall, where I set the color, it stays on for x amount of statups (haven't counted), days go by, and I then notice it's off.

Anyone else noticing the issue?

If the ambient lighting being off saves me a tenth but doesn't score me the chicks, I need this fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
every time my lights are on the ambient lighting is on, and every day i drive it at least part of my drive is in the dark

·
Registered
96 Posts
I haven't noticed that. But I have noticed that if I have the color set to any color besides red, all the lights will be lit the color that's selected except for the driver side door and footwell. Those are red until i go into the settings and reset the color.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Honestly Ive noticed a lot of small little electronic programming issues with these cars.

-Heated seats wont turn on manually after using the remote starter. The car needs to be turned off and turned back on in order to work.
-The radio (non 401A) will display that it is on channel 4 every time i start the car, even though its not on that programmed station. Using the channel up/down button brings it to the channel displayed even though it was not the next channel in order.
-Sometimes when I start the car, the radio attempts to eject a CD even though one is not present and has never been used.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to try and find what triggers the ambient lighting to turn off, I have a few thoughts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven't noticed that. But I have noticed that if I have the color set to any color besides red, all the lights will be lit the color that's selected except for the driver side door and footwell. Those are red until i go into the settings and reset the color.
I have mine set to blue and if a door is open, the lights in that area go red until the door is closed. Are you noticing this with the door open and then resetting the color with the door open? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hasn't happened yet with my Fusion Sport (month and a half). But I just traded in a 2013 Taurus and this happened at least every other week. It didn't shut off, but it did change colors.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Interesting issue. That has not happened in my FuSpo, nor did it happen in my FoST I traded in.

As for the poster with the other issues, I've had none of those problems, either. Sounds like a trip to the dealer is in your future.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have mine set to blue and if a door is open, the lights in that area go red until the door is closed. Are you noticing this with the door open and then resetting the color with the door open? Just a thought.
No. I notice it when all the doors are closed. Then I go into the settings, select a different color and then all lights become the same color that's selected.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hasn't happened yet with my Fusion Sport (month and a half). But I just traded in a 2013 Taurus and this happened at least every other week. It didn't shut off, but it did change colors.
Same happened to us with our 2013 Edge.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Weird. Sounds like some of you guys got lemons. The only issue I've had is when the car randomly explodes when I press the red button under the passenger seat.

Reactions: elronino

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
So I put the lighting on a few different colors since I have last seen commented, and it stays as it should.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts