Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a Facebook car page and 2 people have said t they beat fusion sports. One was a 3.5 altima took down a 19 sport from 40 to 130 and another person said, didn't say engine but said hp of 270 took down a fusion sport from a 60 to 120. Has anyone encountered altimas on the street or track and is this accurate ?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm on a Facebook car page and 2 people have said t they beat fusion sports. One was a 3.5 altima took down a 19 sport from 40 to 130 and another person said, didn't say engine but said hp of 270 took down a fusion sport from a 60 to 120. Has anyone encountered altimas on the street or track and is this accurate ?
No way. Just no way in hell. Sorry, that's impossible.

The Altima is like a 7-second 0-60 car. They have NO chance. They might have done that to a 1.5L Fusion (without a tune). Seriously, they have no chance against an FFS, even bone stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No way. Just no way in hell. Sorry, that's impossible.

The Altima is like a 7-second 0-60 car. They have NO chance. They might have done that to a 1.5L Fusion (without a tune). Seriously, they have no chance against an FFS, even bone stock.
Thats what I was assuming to hear 😂😂 people on Facebook are clowns. He said "after 80 the turbo ran out of breath, and he pulled car lengths on him"

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thats what I was assuming to hear 😂😂 people on Facebook are clowns. He said "after 80 the turbo ran out of breath, and he pulled car lengths on him"
I'm not sure why they're saying 3.5 (the Altimas are 2.5s as far as I'm aware, and non-turbo at that although I'm no Nissan guy). Anyhow, assuming I'm not wrong, this is:

2.7L Twin-Turbo V6
-vs-
2.5L Naturally Aspirated 4-Banger

Uhhhhhhhhh.....yeah. And I know they said up to 120 but I should also mention their cars top out at 130 stock (no idea if that's a governor thing or a theoretical max or just they run out of steam), vs ours which are governed, stock, at 140 (and I know of people hitting 155 with the governor up at least that high). I haven't been that high but I've heard ours still pull hard at least close to 140.

I'm not afraid of any Altima. I haven't seen one yet that I'd consider to even be in the same league as our cars.

Their Maxima is a better comparison. Still not the same thing, but at least it is a lot closer to our cars than the Altima is.

The Altima is probably a decent little grocery-getter but it's no performance sedan.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I just looked some more and found there was a 2010 Altima 3.5 SR model, which had a 3.5L engine. That one ran a whopping 6.2 second 0-60, and ran the quarter mile in 14.7 seconds. So still, even though that's their "beast", it's going to get taken out by any stock FFS out there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm not sure why they're saying 3.5 (the Altimas are 2.5s as far as I'm aware, and non-turbo at that although I'm no Nissan guy). Anyhow, assuming I'm not wrong, this is:

2.7L Twin-Turbo V6
-vs-
2.5L Naturally Aspirated 4-Banger

Uhhhhhhhhh.....yeah. And I know they said up to 120 but I should also mention their cars top out at 130 stock (no idea if that's a governor thing or a theoretical max or just they run out of steam), vs ours which are governed, stock, at 140 (and I know of people hitting 155 with the governor up at least that high). I haven't been that high but I've heard ours still pull hard at least close to 140.

I'm not afraid of any Altima. I haven't seen one yet that I'd consider to even be in the same league as our cars.

Their Maxima is a better comparison. Still not the same thing, but at least it is a lot closer to our cars than the Altima is.

The Altima is probably a decent little grocery-getter but it's no performance sedan.
I had a 2010 Altima 3.5 SR and s 2013 Altima 3.5. Yes they both had 270 hp and 258 lbs of torque. They were light pretty quick about 6.1 to 60. About 3300 lbs and tbe coupe could be had with a 5 speed. The 2013 was a little quicker about 5.9 to 60. I liked both as they were quick. Front wheel drive so had to be careful if torque steer. I do not think either of them could beat the FFS but the sports were not around when i had them. But being so light made them quick. The newer Maxima's were a tad quicker as they have a faster shifting cvt but the Maxima's were heavier. I think you would need to push the FFS to beat them but I do think FFS would win at any speed

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The Nissan Altima 3.5 and Maxima were the bane of the Crown Vic and Marauder owners since the late 90s. The Nissans would always be faster stock vs stock.

·
Super Moderator
1,535 Posts
The Nissan Altima 3.5 and Maxima were the bane of the Crown Vic and Marauder owners since the late 90s. The Nissans would always be faster stock vs stock.
But to be honest, majority of panther platform vehicles were real dogs in terms of acceleration from factory. A far cry from a Fusion Sport, even accounting for age differences.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Super Moderator
1,535 Posts
I mean, Altimas can be quick, given they did have the 3.5 V6 for a while mated to a CVT that keeps them at peak power (until the CVT blows, at least). I wouldn't say they're slow within the average sedan market, at least.

But as everyone else here has said, no there's no way they beat a 2017+ Fusion Sport, even stock, unless the Sport driver didn't care to even try.

I can see the 1.5G Sport being a fairly close call, but not our generation.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
But to be honest, majority of panther platform vehicles were real dogs in terms of acceleration from factory. A far cry from a Fusion Sport, even accounting for age differences.
In the time of the Panther not many cars other than performance cars were that much faster. Marauder was closer to Maxima performance but now a Modern Camry can run with a stock 99-04 Mustang GT. Lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
My 92 Maxima SE wasn't too bad for the time with 190HP. Those variable valves were a pain in the butt though as the oil feeder to them would always clog.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The 2002 Maxima from what I recall got the VQ35 3.5L V6, and did 0-60 in 6.0 seconds, 1/4 mile in 14.7 seconds. That was very respectable for a sedan. It would give the Marauder some competition. The Mustang GT in 99-04 was faster but again keep in mind the Maxima was like a family car. Even 0-60 in the 7 second range in the late 90s/early 2000s was fairly decent, and that's what my 2018 Explorer XLT AWD is running with its N/A 3.5L V6: Slow by today's standards, but if I took it back in time to 1998-2000, it'd be a fairly fun car to drive. To keep things in perspective, a tuned modern SHO or Fusion Sport would be faster than a stock 07 GT500 in the 1/4 mile.

I remember the 98? Maxima or those that first got HIDs had their headlights stolen left and right because they were expensive and easy to steal.

·
Registered
275 Posts
2002 was the first year the Maxima got HIDs, but you're right about them being stolen a lot. The 02-03 cars were actually pretty good: 3.5L V6, 265hp, 6-speed manual, LSD up front...

·
Registered
634 Posts
I regularly get beat on the highway by guys in Altimas, Acuras, Hondas, and other rice powered tin cans. I never know I’m racing until I slow down to take an exit and see their passenger laughing and shooting video of me with a phone as they go by.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I regularly get beat on the highway by guys in Altimas, Acuras, Hondas, and other rice powered tin cans. I never know I’m racing until I slow down to take an exit and see their passenger laughing and shooting video of me with a phone as they go by.
If they had any idea what that Fusion was they were up against..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's pretty funny. I bet it makes them feel pretty good though. I wonder if any of them know what an FFS is, let alone know about your particular FFS. ;)

·
Registered
634 Posts
If they had any idea what that Fusion was they were up against..... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's pretty funny. I bet it makes them feel pretty good though. I wonder if any of them know what an FFS is, let alone know about your particular FFS. ;)
I think you’re right. I see lots of import guys at cruise-ins and car shows that don’t know anything about any cars other than their own.

I will admit that on one occasion I jumped right back on the highway and bounced a Honda Civic because they gave me the ol’ middle finger and tongue out thing. I just couldn’t let that go unanswered! They didn’t expect to see me come from the on-ramp beside them! I matched speed for a few seconds then punched it, jumped off the next exit and was going back the other direction by the time they got there. I felt pretty smug about that all day! Haha!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Against a 2010 FFS, I can see that. Against a 17+ starting at the same time, can't see it, even against a 3.5. I find the Acuras challenging to get round but they're not getting in front.
I agree, perhaps the FFS didn't know it was racing. More to the point the Sport is hard enough to identify to the trained eye. Just cause a Fusion has a spoiler, doesn't make it a sport. Plenty of SE's rice'd out too. My guess they were up against a 2.0 eco Fusion.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2018 3.5 is listed at 5.8 0 - 60....which has very little to do with 30 - 130. ESP with a CVT staying in the power......my wife has a plain old 2.5 altime and it is no slouch. It feels quicker then it is and definitely feels like it handles better then my sport.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts