Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very excited, but time seems to be crawling by at this point...

I ordered my 2017 Ford Fusion sport on 1/25/17 from my fiancées fathers dealership on Long Island NY. First of all I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia, which is 6 1/2 hours away from Long Island the way I drive at 10 pm-4:30am, my usual travel time. I had to order my sport over 400 miles away from where I have lived from the last 3 years because if I was to get a ford and not get it from my fiancées father... well I will spare you from an unneeded explanation for that reasoning. It is now 63 days from when I placed the order with the salesman and it has felt like twice that long, imagining the car as a relic when I pick it up... I have now been told "It should be in this week". I have tried to "track" it but the info I was given didn't produce results on any website I could find, and since it if my future father in law who has been the one I have to correspond with about the car I didn't want to push it seeing he thought me wanting to track the car was "silly" to begin with. Let's start with my ordering process. I was told to call the salesman after getting the "O.K." From the father inlaw... I call the salesman and start placing the order and as soon as we get to options it starts... anything I list off to him he gives me this attitude of "do you really need that"... I tried to circumvent this by telling him we wanted "everything except sunroof and inflatable rear seatbelts"... but he insisted us go through each thing to get it right. And I list each option, the park assist got the best reaction... started lecturing me about how we don't need that, and "what are we lazy?". Wanted to die. But the time we finish I didn't even bring up the illuminated door sills for fear of the reaction they might invoke sending my salesman into cardiac arrest... a decision I still regret. But after all the 💩 it's almost Christmas Day. I will be leaving for NY on the 9th of April to pick up my baby. I told my fiancé that if the front bumper is drilled (REPEATEDLY MENTIONED TO HER FATHER TO NOT HAVE THEM MOUNT THE FRONT PLATE) I will tell them I am not accepting delivery. She said her dad would flip. I said I don't care. We will see how things go and will let everyone know on the 10th. Then the customizations begin... I will immediately remove by bov hose and cap my intake hole... then order the boomba bov adapter and see which is louder if I feel like the sound isn't ideal... the steeda intake and k&n red filter covers (match the ruby red sport)... mrt axle back exhaust (people say it's too loud but that's what I want)... shark fin antenna... I want that grill from 5hundred that doesn't fit 2017 sports(but I want him to make one that does)... wheels are too much money for looks or gain I think our wheels are $800+ each and good after market wheels are too expensive, I would replace them if we had cheap wheels but I can't imagine letting what is essentially over 3 grand in wheels sit around or eventually have to sell the car without stock wheels... anyway I have many ideas and hopefully good ones... any ideas let me know!:D

·
Registered
481 Posts
i hope its soon most orders are 8-10 weeks from the factory. What dealer is it coming from? i live on LI

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
481 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts