Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing but negatives at the dealer today.

The enterprise car that they could offer me for "free" ($3.18 a day that I have to pay for tax) is a 16 Accent and it's bad, real bad. I have a 16 Focus BASE model and it's miles above this thing.
Anyways, back on topic, they call me 5hrs later and tell me that "it's not the PTU that's leaking, it's leaking from the oil pan and it requires replacement. The part (I assume oil pan) is on back order until the 17th but in reality, it shouldn't take that long to come in."

My first question was can I at least get the first service done while it's in there?
-Nope, you only have 27xx miles, so we can't perform the first serivice yet.

Where will the car be stored?
-Outside behind the dealership in a locked lot.
(My car hasn't ever stayed outside over night and I just washed and waxed it 2 days ago. Luckily I took a video inside and out while I was in the dealer lot right before drop off, so there better not be a scratch, stain, or even smudge on it after sitting 2 weeks outside in the rain.) Of course there will be but what can I do about it? Nothing.

I asked if I can just come pick it up since it was only leaking an ounce or so every few days, they said "your vehicle is unsafe to drive and the warranty could be voided if you come get it and something bad happens to it."

Long story long, I'm stuck paying $3.18 a day (it still saves me money since it gets twice the mpg and I can put 87 in it) in a crappy car for a week or two.

This is the first ford I've had since high school (96 Mustang GT; the 4.6 is terrible that year) and am very slightly beginning to regret it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If the oil pan is leaking be adamant that they replace the whole pan and not just the gasket. Removal of the pan tends to damage the part and Ford recommended a full replacement for mine even though the leak was very tiny.
When I got mine back 800 miles ago, it took a few long drives to burn off the oil that got all over the place during the replacement. Everything looks and smells fine so far.

There was some supposition that some of these pans have warping along the gasket surface causing the slow leak as the seal could not account for the gaps.

I survived with a shitty 2009 Focus stripper for the 8 days while they did the repair, but I was happy to only have to pay gas and nothing else.

The dealer initially thought it was only the oil pan leaking, however I made them recheck the PTU and other areas of the transmission once they had all the under body paneling off, and sure enough the PTU had a very small leak as well. I know the distinct smell of the gear oil burning versus what engine oil smells like.

Hang in there, and I hope your car comes back in great shape.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The dealer gave me a 2016 Escape SE loaner while our Fusion was having warranty work. Had the 1.5 ecoboost fwd. It wasn't a bad a car to drive, had plenty of power for in town driving but I still hated it knowing what I had thats currently having warranty work done is 2 times the car makes it worse. You'll get through it trust me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts