Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking over my car and noticed a piece of plastic covering the right part of the inter cooler. (See photo) I first thought it was an issue with the build or that something had fallen down and blocked the inter-cooler. (It’s attached to the side and does not move.)

On the way home I stopped by my dealer to look at their two Sports. On the lot they have a Sport that arrived late August and another sport that arrived early October. After looking at these two cars the August Sport does not have this plastic part BUT the October Sport does.

The question is was this added to later builds and why? It looks like it deflects air up and to the right (facing the front). Is it a small air scoop? Is it an error in the build?
Just wondering what may be going on.

So does your Sport have this plastic deflector?
-Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
I saw this brought up before. Mine was 6/22 build. Hermosillo did not include this factory mod on mine, but they did include the loose sticker floating in the air box. I think the other guy was actually a Ford tech. I think he moved his out of the way so it wasn't blocking somehow.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had the same thing it is not suppose to be in front of the intercooler is suppose to be along side... I had to reposition mine out of the way. On mine it looks like they needed room for the radar sensor and just folded the defector instead of making another part.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can see my pics I posted in my thread "check your intercoolers...mine was blocked"

·
Registered
156 Posts
Had to remove the lower shield under the car but once that was out of the way it was simple to get to it. if I wouldnt have removed it it would have eventually rubbed a hole in the intercooler so dont leave it in there to long.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe they found it was too efficient so they had to block part of it off like the RS :p

Reactions: Kevin74

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Recent owners:
Can you please check your Sport to see if you have this plastic part over the inter cooler? I checked two on the dealer lot near me. An August build did not have it but another September build did.
I might see if the dealer can remove it for me but first I need to figure out if the newer builds have the same "issue". Do you have it? What is your build date?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Mine was in september and mine is not bent out like that, but I haven't looked more in depth other than to make sure it wasn't like the original picture.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine is a September build date and i don't have this at all.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine is a 10/4 build and does not have this.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have something on the right side of my intercooler, looks like that

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
There's also something above by the radiator

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
Mine had what looks to be part of the same air deflector piece bent and sticking out, except mine was up higher in front of the radiator.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts