Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what's up guys? Just wanted to start another thread to see who has been in contact with any aftermarket companies about performance parts. I have gotten into contact with Boomba and they had stated that they were currently doing research and development. I sent out an email to CP-E about performance parts and am waiting to hear back from them. Has anyone else been into contact with any companies to see what their plans are for the Sport? (I know you guys are going to shoot me for the title)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ive been in contact with Livernois Motor Sports in regards to a tune, they are currently working on one, if you want to be notified when its completed email them and they will add you to a mailer specific for the 2.7 tune.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
This is the reply I got when I emailed LMS.

--------------

Daniel (LivernoisMotorsports)
Aug 29, 15:17 COT
Hello there;
Thanks for reaching out to us.

We definitely have some plans for tuning the Fusion Sport, with all of our tunes being custom in nature, we have to investigate to see if there have been any ECM changes for the new model.
With that in mind, we would definitely be able to dyno tune the vehicle at our location, in order to provide remote tuning solutions though we need to acquire one and tune it here first.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Thanks so much
Regards,
Daniel

------------------

So which is it? Are they actively working on one or do they have plans to work on one?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Im sure they already have a car since they last said they are actively working on a tune. Also I need my car. But when I do get it tuned, ill probably go to the shop and have them run a before and after dyno.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
I joined the Ecoboost Performance Forum and got an immediate offer from an SCT dealer willing to do a custom tune for free. He offered to work with me in getting an X4 chip or the new unreleased GT chip. I still would need to buy the hardware, and I still need to figure out how legit he is, but it's something I guess.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I joined the Ecoboost Performance Forum and got an immediate offer from an SCT dealer willing to do a custom tune for free. He offered to work with me in getting an X4 chip or the new unreleased GT chip. I still would need to buy the hardware, and I still need to figure out how legit he is, but it's something I guess.
See heres my take on why I wouldnt let me engine be the guinea pig. I dont want someone learning how to tune my engine with my engine. The fact is small things can change, programming changes and other variables change easily between different car models. Maybe the Fusion has another safety check or other feature that is needed that the F150 didnt have. I dont want an oops moment where the tune is wrong because they didnt know X or Y and had some serious detonation while on the dyno. While I am sure they would cover the cost of blowing the engine, you can still damage your engine without knowing it. A micro crack in a connecting rod or a slightly damaged valve. Not enough to cause a problem now, but 30-60K miles later it could easily turn into something more.

Ill wait until the new tunes are out and have a bit of real world experience to back them up.

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
See heres my take on why I wouldnt let me engine be the guinea pig. I dont want someone learning how to tune my engine with my engine. The fact is small things can change, programming changes and other variables change easily between different car models. Maybe the Fusion has another safety check or other feature that is needed that the F150 didnt have. I dont want an oops moment where the tune is wrong because they didnt know X or Y and had some serious detonation while on the dyno. While I am sure they would cover the cost of blowing the engine, you can still damage your engine without knowing it. A micro crack in a connecting rod or a slightly damaged valve. Not enough to cause a problem now, but 30-60K miles later it could easily turn into something more.

Ill wait until the new tunes are out and have a bit of real world experience to back them up.
That's the direction I'm teetering, especially since I probably shouldn't be buying a tuner until I make my first car payment. The part that's even scarier is that its a remote tune done solely off the sensors. He said there is no need for a dyno. Not that I don't believe him, but I feel like an in person tune on a dyno is far more likely to go well. The main reason I'm not dismissing it is because I'm not looking for a LMS stage 6 level tune. I just want these **** nannies to back off and maybe a tiny bit of boost. I don't want to be the one that finds the limit of our drivetrain or connecting rods.

He's gonna get back to me with more details this evening. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
405 Posts
That's the direction I'm teetering, especially since I probably shouldn't be buying a tuner until I make my first car payment. The part that's even scarier is that its a remote tune done solely off the sensors. He said there is no need for a dyno. Not that I don't believe him, but I feel like an in person tune on a dyno is far more likely to go well. The main reason I'm not dismissing it is because I'm not looking for a LMS stage 6 level tune. I just want these **** nannies to back off and maybe a tiny bit of boost. I don't want to be the one that finds the limit of our drivetrain or connecting rods.

He's gonna get back to me with more details this evening. I'll keep you posted.
Yeah id run like **** from that deal. He is basically going to send you a tune, you are going to install it, go do some hard pulls in certain gears while logging the data, then send the data logs back to him. If you dont know what you are looking for or what you are doing, you could very easily run super lean and wreck your motor, this is something that on a dyno the operator would see instantly and shut down the run so they can adjust the tune but you will probably not realize whats going on until its already caused damage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
On the street tuning is much safer than you would think. Street tuning is actually preferred because you get much better driveability from the tune
On a dyno you primarily see WOT
On the street you see everything
Your tuner is not going to have you go wot the first time out it will be gradual
My car is on order and will be tune once it arrives by my local tuner. He tuned my 12 boss Paxton to 725rwhp on the street and it drives,idles and goes like ****! Ran best of 10.65 at 132mph
Someone needs to tune their sport!

·
Registered
405 Posts
On the street tuning is much safer than you would think. Street tuning is actually preferred because you get much better driveability from the tune
On a dyno you primarily see WOT
On the street you see everything
Your tuner is not going to have you go wot the first time out it will be gradual
My car is on order and will be tune once it arrives by my local tuner. He tuned my 12 boss Paxton to 725rwhp on the street and it drives,idles and goes like ****! Ran best of 10.65 at 132mph
Someone needs to tune their sport!
How is the tuner getting a wide band reading of the AF ratio?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ive E-tune by 2 different Cobb authorized tuners with my mazdaspeed... Theres nothing wrong with doing it and if you know how to properly take WOT logs. there shouldnt be any issues with the tuner tinkering with your car.

·
Banned
249 Posts
I'm currently street tuning my Edge through unleashed. I understand the process of everyone wanting to go LMS because they are getting amazing numbers...but I can't phantom paying $600. for a device that doesn't even datalog!

Turbosmart BOV will work on fusion

·
Banned
249 Posts
Some guys aren't interested in data logging. I'm one of them. I prefer to enjoy the plug & play tuning that Livernois offers. And I have used their tunes on my last two cars. This will be the third. I know a lot of guys like to log and find enjoyment from it. That's great!
so a tune is all you have planned for your fusion? no intercooler upgrades, intake, exhaust (pending any of these ever get made)????

·
Banned
249 Posts
Id assume not in that order, because none of those parts get used to full potential without datalogging for tune revisions or a dynotune.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just wanted to let everyone know that I also sent out a message to deadhook motorsports who has done a lot of work with the focus st and fiesta st's to see if they have any plans for the fusion sport. haven't herd anything back from them yet but hopefully I will hear something today and will keep everyone updated! The wait for performance parts is killing me! I'm about to just go buy a K&N for now until an intake comes out just so I can say I bought something Haha

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know that I also sent out a message to deadhook motorsports who has done a lot of work with the focus st and fiesta st's to see if they have any plans for the fusion sport. haven't herd anything back from them yet but hopefully I will hear something today and will keep everyone updated! The wait for performance parts is killing me! I'm about to just go buy a K&N for now until an intake comes out just so I can say I bought something Haha
I think the general consensus on the full intakes is that they are a waste of money. Despite the fact that I personally think the intake looks really poorly designed, I don't know it for a fact, and I don't know if you will get much of a gain until you are pushing the car to the limit when the stock setup can't keep up. A lot of the SHO "cold air" intakes actually make less power than stock. My guess is that you will be looking at $600 for one that is designed well enough to give you any gains.

Just my $.02

1 - 20 of 53 Posts