Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
249 Posts
A huge difference between the two. Personally an intake is last on my list. Id rather see down pipes, etc...considering the plumbing nightmare Id imagine a transversw 2.7 intake to cost 450-600. Thats a lot of money with a lot more power being made with other parts for that price

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
A huge difference between the two. Personally an intake is last on my list. Id rather see down pipes, etc...considering the plumbing nightmare Id imagine a transversw 2.7 intake to cost 450-600. Thats a lot of money with a lot more power being made with other parts for that price

I want something that can easily be reversed. I would love to do a tune, however, with Mountune not developing a warranty friendly package its not going to happen.

I would pay $400-500 for a CAI even if only picked up 10-15rwhp, if its less hp than I would probably just do a drop in. DPs cost more than this and in fact on the FiST and FoST the DPs made very little power with these cars. I had a FiST and DP's had no hp increase with hfc's and only 4-5rwhp with no cats. They also required a tune which I don't want to do unless its warranty friendly.

Dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
OP, I highly doubt that intake will work if you compare it to the layout of our fusions

With that said, I don't see why it wouldn't work if you only used the airbox, filters and trimmed the CAI pipes to work with our stock IC pipes (using the stock rubber flex hoses). It wont be cost effective and will probably look like crap to be honest.

IMHO, you're so much better off trying to add some sort of snorkel from the bumper/fender area into the stock airbox.

edit: I know that it's far from cost effective, but if you want nicer looking intercooler piping, you can always try a DIY setup. This is what I may attempt come spring... mainly for looks and more induction noise.

http://www.spectreperformance.com/cat/air-intake-components

If I go this route, I will be sure to document the components/bends/etc I used.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OP, I highly doubt that intake will work if you compare it to the layout of our fusions

With that said, I don't see why it wouldn't work if you only used the airbox, filters and trimmed the CAI pipes to work with our stock IC pipes (using the stock rubber flex hoses).

It wont be cost effective and will probably look like crap though, to be honest.

IMHO, you're so much better off trying to add some sort of snorkel from the bumper/fender area into the stock airbox.
Yea I realize this especially when you consider the layout from RWD to FWD. I am pretty sure AFE will work on a CAI soon.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
I wonder if it will be a full intake system or one of those pointless "CAI" that only includes an airbox replacement.

Reactions: qwerty3089

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep in mind anytime you normally go from a panel filter to a conical filter there is generally going to be an increase in flow, along with some better tubing it could be worth some hp.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Interested to see what AFE and Roush will bring to market.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts