Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed just now that my backup camera lines need to be adjusted. The right edge is basically pointing near the center of the vehicle. I always wondered why I had a hard time backing up using the camera.
I don't recall if FORScan allows this,. But I do know it has a recalibrate feature that I don't think really does anything.

Has anyone successfully adjusted the edge marker lines? I have the white lines that indicate steering angle if that matters.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I noticed just now that my backup camera lines need to be adjusted. The right edge is basically pointing near the center of the vehicle. I always wondered why I had a hard time backing up using the camera.
I don't recall if FORScan allows this,. But I do know it has a recalibrate feature that I don't think really does anything.

Has anyone successfully adjusted the edge marker lines? I have the white lines that indicate steering angle if that matters.
Can't help with aligning lines. But I did replace my backup camera with an aftermarket hoping to get a better overall image. Failed experiment and put the OEM back in. Something I learned along the way is the backup lines are not built into the camera itself - they are generated by the cars electronics (I forgot which computer). The aftermarket camera had lines like it should - but the image quality was worse than OEM. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it was a mechanical alignment issue. Ford installed the backup camera asymmetrically on the Fusion, so when I was backed up in my garage the right/passenger line was not correct. Further away, like say 5-10 feet, the lines are acceptable. I think Ford had to compensate for the asymmetrical install of the camera. I wish they didn't do this stuff on the Fusion. The front intercooler opening is asymmetrical as are the cooling ducts (one side for trans, other side is blocked). It's bad juju in some cultures.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I’m with you, metroplex. The asymmetrical stuff bugs the hell out of me. I always say everybody has some shade of OCD. Some are just darker than others... and my eyes like symmetry.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I use the cameras at the time at work when I,m backing something up on either of my lifts. Never really noticed it being off that much, most of the time I can center the car pretty damn good on the lift. I,ve had to replace a couple a cameras though over they years, enough that I have a few extras just in case either of mine go bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts