Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So from my understanding there are certain features you can enable/disable using an OBD-II to USB cable hooked up to a laptop running ForSCAN. I've also saw that Torrie Unleashed Tune added what gear you're in during normal drive mode.

This brings up a few questions I'm having trouble finding research on:
  • How far can you go with modifying the UI now that the processor is unlocked (tune)?
  • How much research has ForSCAN developers done in figuring out module changes, it seems as though some UI features might exist but the dev team might not know the correct value to write the HEX in the string's of text?

P.S. This is my first post on these forums. Love my 2017 FFS!

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
What interface or feature(s) are you looking to modify/add? A tune really isn't modifying the UI, rather telling the ECU to give more information to the IPC. A tune also isn't going to allow you to do anything further with FORScan, as that is only one of many modules in the car.

The most you'll be able to do without flashing custom firmware is add or remove some features - such as the Climate screen on the right-side IPC display, or enabling the heated seats or steering wheel button on the home screen of the APIM. Not really UI customization.

If you are referring to changes listed in "Easy Mode" in FORScan, the things that are there are widely tested and known to work, and are "common" changes. Even then, still be cautious. There are just too many options to list them all. Plus, other than something like the APIM that is shared across each vehicle, values correspond to different bits in different firmware, which are all different across each vehicle model (mostly).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you ever heard of anyone getting into custom firmware? Or are we just limited to the Ford open source sync/phone/OBD-II applications?

I've thought about the possibility of creating an app for displaying guages on the center console display. I.e: [OBD BT -to- Phone BT -to- Android Auto].

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
There are a very few people who do some minor tweaks to the IPC background on the Mondeo/MKZ IPC as a paid service, but that is just modifying the graphics file and not the running firmware itself - they add an image of a Fusion to the background or something, for example. To modify the firmware (and the graphics) you'd need to have access to tools to get the checksums correct. The firmware itself would be much more challenging, tho.

SYNC is not open source, so not sure what you mean by that. There is/was a way to get something like Torque Pro running on the APIM display via Android Auto, but it is not a guarantee to work on some phones or versions of Android as it's technically not allowed by Google's AA standards.

Reactions: LIMEY

·
Registered
724 Posts
I was never able to get climate working on the productivity screen.

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
I was never able to get climate working on the productivity screen.
On your OE IPC or the MKZ/Mondeo one? It's not in the MKZ/Mondeo firmware for the high-level cluster so that is expected, but it worked great on my OE cluster when I had that in early on.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well, that sucks.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I've seen some nice aftermarket APIM/HVAC replacements that resemble the Tesla full-touch screen. Seems like a lot of work. I'd rather have the base base base model with all the mechanical buttons. It's easier to use in the winter with thick gloves.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've changed a few things with Forscan, switchback running daytime lights for turn signal so it turns the daytime led off on the side the blinker is on when it's on, and cornering fog lights so they come on based on how far you turn the wheel. I could never get climate to work either. I have it display on the right screen and the values are correct but changing the temp it just autochanges back to whatever the car is set at.
Also turned off honk on double door lock/silent mode for that. Turned on silent mode ability and turned off the honk if the keys get too far from the car while running. And autolock so it locks the doors automatically after like 30-40 seconds

·
Super Moderator
1,340 Posts
As Metroplex said, the car should turn off the top/larger DRL strip with the blinker on from factory. Did you set it to turn off both DRL strips on the respective side instead of just the top strip?

What year is your Sport? Autolock is also enabled from the factory on my 17, with an option on the IPC.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Are the DRLs the whole outline? Mine are just the lower line (an L) and it turns off with blinker/the respective fog blinks, but the whole white DRL turns off on the blinker side and it flashes amber, maybe that's stock? Thought I changed it all off of factory settings but may have overlapped. I have autolock on my IPC too but I thought it only covered an unlock from fob or something? Thought I did it for some reason, haha. i'll have to run through the options again and see what was available. I thought I also enabled different DRL options to the driver IPC but haven't looked in awhile
I have a 2019

1 - 12 of 12 Posts