Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Do we have the connection points for the factory subs that the other cars like the F150 have? If so, I wonder if we could enable them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
Do we have the connection points for the factory subs that the other cars like the F150 have? If so, I wonder if we could enable them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes, you can do that as well. Instructions are in the previous post link over to 2gf. I just didn’t want to pull the headunit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Fusion Sport
12 Posts
So what I’m gathering is to add a subwoofer and do it correctly we must:

-“trick” the head unit into giving a pre-amp signal instead of a high/low because the Sony systems EQ will clip bass over 15 (I wonder if this is just for the 6x9’s or if that applies to using a H/L on the rear door speakers instead....

-disconnect the ANC mics to stop it from compensating for the subwoofer.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
So what I’m gathering is to add a subwoofer and do it correctly we must:

-“trick” the head unit into giving a pre-amp signal instead of a high/low because the Sony systems EQ will clip bass over 15 (I wonder if this is just for the 6x9’s or if that applies to using a H/L on the rear door speakers instead....

-disconnect the ANC mics to stop it from compensating for the subwoofer.
You really do not need to do all of that. I have added a sub-woofer & sub-amplifier on both of my Sony 12 speaker cars. They sound outstanding! Really makes a HUGE difference in your enjoyment of the Sony system. The bass is linear and clean. Zero ground noises. Zero affect on the noise cancelling and engine noise.

Using a high quality amp with balanced inputs helps too. Don't go cheap.
I used a JL Audio 600 watt rms amplifier with a JL Audio 12" W3 in a sealed enclosure.
For the high to low converter I used a LC2-i.
I bought all of these items for pennies on the dollar off Offerup.
I also bought a bass knob so I could vary the bass level from the drivers seat (important).

I mounted the amplifier under the passenger side seat along with the LC2i.

In both cases, all I did was tap the output of the Sony's amplifier explained below. These wires are located on the passenger side of the trunk right next to the Sony amplifier.

Be sure to use 4 gauge copper wire for your power wires.
I prefer to set the lowpass filter to be at about 60Hz with the gain set fairly low to give the bass knob a more linear feel.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Ok so why do alote of people undo the mics I e read that the fake engine noise is sent through the stock subs and is amplified with aftermarket subs. Also do you disconnect the rear stock subs when you go aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I kept everything the same including leaving in the stock subs. The connections are in parallel to the stock subs.

If you wire into the front speakers or anywhere besides the wires I spoke of, you will have issues and will find yourself disconnecting mics and stuff.

It is very simple (done it twice on different Fusions), just wire it like the above diagram, and use a good amp with balanced inputs to eliminate noise.

No need to disconnect anything else including mics. Without the stereo on, the car is very quiet, and the engine noise is the same. With the stereo on, the car is quiet and the fake engine noise is the same.

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
The majority of people tap into the mid/door speaker lines to get a full-range audio signal. The mids/doors play signal from the ANC system and cause the droning with aftermarket subs. The "woofers" do not get the ANC signal, but also are not a good place to tap into for an aftermarket unless you basically just want to add some bass as Hiker did. And yes, the bass frequencies are clipped at a certain point after it's processed by the factory DSP in the car's default setup.

If you want to send an un-processed signal to your aftermarket amp, you do have to program the ACM to supply a line-level signal.

People disconnect the ANC mics to take the "easy" non-proper route to disabling the ANC system. The proper way is to just toggle it off by programming the ACM/DACMC.

So yeah you really don't need to do all of that, but if you want to fully integrate an aftermarket system and not just add more bass you need to do as posted on 2GF.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Thanks DaMiFo for more eloquently explaining this.

Besides replacing the component set in front, with an efficient set of better sounding components, I am not going to even attempt to install an after market amplifier to drive the components.

Sounds expensive & complicated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 XP4 1000 Ride Command Edition. The car came with the MBQuart door speakers installed and I just want to add a sub. I'm going to put the SSV works 10" sub behind the rear seats and I will use another MBQuart amp to power it. My question is regarding getting the signal to the amp. I've read that using an adapter from ride command harness to RCA, the output may be faint or non-existent. Is this the case? What do I do to remedy it, or should I go ahead and try the harness first? Is there a particular harness that works best?

I want to have everything on hand the day that I do this project. I can't stand carry-over projects from one week to the next. Help me prepare....thanks.!

Update:
Got everything working perfectly.
Thanks to Speakers Hunter official blog, which helped me in installing the amplifier and speakers correctly.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts