Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Do any of you know where I can find a wire diagram

at?

Check over at 2GF. I’m pretty sure that’s where I found the right one to use. Also, I think our fuse panel layout is in the manual that came with the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah, even the Sony system in our cars does not "bump". Let us know how it sounds.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The 6x9s can't move enough air to create the pressure wave needed to feel the base. I'm also wondering if the system does a drastic roll off below 80hz.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm wondering how much space there is between the seat backs and the spare tire, under the carpet (where the emergency gas funnel sits). I'm almost thinking a long rectangular custom box could fit there.

Like this:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109BASPROS/JBL-BassPro-SL.html?tp=114
I saw that one too. It looks nice, but is out of stock wherever I've seen it. Also not sure if it would fit in that spot, but I just figured I'd loose some trunk space. I've also looked at the 10" Rockford Fosgate all-in-one and the 12" which isn't much more money. I'll have to take some measurements and see how they will fit.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well... I'm not usually a lucky person, but today was definitely my lucky day. I had been searching/investigating sub options online for a few weeks.
At some point I received an e-mail promo from Sonic Electronix, a place I had picked up some equipment before (at great prices).
The promo email was a link to a contest for a Cerwin Vega VPAS10 550W 10" Subwoofer. I entered the contest and the link took me to the website confirming my entry, and had a 20% of product code. Well, I read the specs and reviews on the VPAS10 and it seemed really good, so I almost used the product code and bought it right then, but... I decided it was a little too close to Xmas, and I probably ought to look around some more.
Then... today... I get a call from a number in California (I usually send unknown numbers to voice mail, but decided to pick up), and the guy tells me he's from Sonic Electronix and I had just won the Cerwin Vega VPA10 Sub! He then sent me an email confirming I had won. Just crazy (but I'm not complaining). How's that for timing and luck?

·
Registered
263 Posts
That’s fantastic! Congrats
Now comes the hard part of running 4 or 8 ga thru the firewall.

Reactions: mike d

·
Registered
263 Posts
You’ll definitely have to remove the battery in order to grab the power wire. Hit me up when your ready to install

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got done running 4 gauge through the grommet in the firewall behind the battery. When you take the battery out and look at the grommet from the engine bay you will see a little dimple / indentation in the grommet. that little spot is where you will want to pierce through to get the wire through the grommet and into the cabin of the car. I used a radio antenna from my other car and was able to poke through into the cabin of the car (it comes out up and under the dash). Next, I tapped the power wire to the end of the antenna, then you go inside the car and pull the antenna through with the wire attached at the other end. Done! On a side note I am using a Audio Control LC2i for the speaker to line level converter.....really a nice piece. You don't have to run a remote turn on wire if you use this...really nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been running the LC2i for a couple months now. Took some old 90's stuff out of my '67 Mustang, an Orion Cobalt and a pair of MTX 8" in bridged mode. The firewall was a bit of a pain, I used a cheapo tent stake(think the long silver ones with the L shape at the end). Installed a fuse block at the battery. Ran the power down the driver side. Ground under the rear seat. Made a quick disconnect system for power/ground/remote if I want to take the speaker box out for some reason. Rather then go the path of Forscan changes, and center/sub wiring changes I went with the LC2i, plus I'm not as in to the stereo system like the old days.

It is the nice and easy approach, and it hits good on 80+% of songs of varying genre, straight rattles the mirrors on heavy bass songs. The downside to me is the clipping is still a bit too noticeable. Without using an o-scope my ears tell me that when the volume is set at 15 on the Sony everything is great, turn it to 16 or higher you can hear the mid and high end continue to increase but the low end is flat and you can hear the processed signal from the LC2i just isn't as clean. I think I remember reading the LC2 cutoff was 1khz maybe? There are some lower end sounds from certain songs that just sound weird to me in that range. Overall it is a good compromise, leaps and bounds better then factory, but the sound quality does suffer.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
It is the nice and easy approach, and it hits good on 80+% of songs of varying genre, straight rattles the mirrors on heavy bass songs. The downside to me is the clipping is still a bit too noticeable. Without using an o-scope my ears tell me that when the volume is set at 15 on the Sony everything is great, turn it to 16 or higher you can hear the mid and high end continue to increase but the low end is flat and you can hear the processed signal from the LC2i just isn't as clean. I think I remember reading the LC2 cutoff was 1khz maybe? There are some lower end sounds from certain songs that just sound weird to me in that range. Overall it is a good compromise, leaps and bounds better then factory, but the sound quality does suffer.
Check out this process if you want the bass to keep increasing without dropping off. I did that awhile after adding my sub and it made it sound way better. I just did the one that disabled factory EQ processing.

It is possible to reprogram the ACM to send out a flat line level out (approx 4 Volt preamp out) for sound out of the existing speaker wiring instead of regular high levels that are sound processed by the factory radio and/or Sony DSP (if equipped). This makes using an aftermarket Amp way easier as it will have the pure unmodified sound as if using regular RCA Pre-Amp Outs. Also makes for better audio tuning as the bass won't be cut off as the volume goes up on the stock configuration. This mod works on all Fusion ACM's, with or without MyFord Touch / Sony. Also allows for removal / disconnection of the Sony Amplifier in the back of the trunk.

This mod can be done with FORScan w/ODBLink MX Adapter:
727-01-01 xx59 F8x8 xxxx - Enables Line Level with Optional Subwoofer (Aux 1) and Front Center (Aux 2) Outputs Enabled*
727-01-02 00xx - Disables Factory EQ Processing
(ACM As-Built)

* This string breaks down as follows:
5 = Variable Line Level Audio Output
9 = Enable External Subwoofer (AUX 1) and Internal Amplifier (Aux 2) (0 - Disable)
F = Disable Open Speaker Circuit Detection (w/Active FM Radio Antenna - Otherwise use a D)
8 = Front Tweeters Present
8 = Aux 1 Type: Mono Subwoofer and Aux 2 Type: Front Center

7D0-01-01 2xxx xxxx xxxx
(APIM As-Built) - APIM change required only if you have Sony DSP before completing this mod.

Found here: Variable Line Level Preamp Outputs From ACM (Factory Radio) For Amplifier Upgrades

·
Registered
168 Posts
Check out this process if you want the bass to keep increasing without dropping off. I did that awhile after adding my sub and it made it sound way better. I just did the one that disabled factory EQ processing.

It is possible to reprogram the ACM to send out a flat line level out (approx 4 Volt preamp out) for sound out of the existing speaker wiring instead of regular high levels that are sound processed by the factory radio and/or Sony DSP (if equipped). This makes using an aftermarket Amp way easier as it will have the pure unmodified sound as if using regular RCA Pre-Amp Outs. Also makes for better audio tuning as the bass won't be cut off as the volume goes up on the stock configuration. This mod works on all Fusion ACM's, with or without MyFord Touch / Sony. Also allows for removal / disconnection of the Sony Amplifier in the back of the trunk.

This mod can be done with FORScan w/ODBLink MX Adapter:
727-01-01 xx59 F8x8 xxxx - Enables Line Level with Optional Subwoofer (Aux 1) and Front Center (Aux 2) Outputs Enabled*
727-01-02 00xx - Disables Factory EQ Processing
(ACM As-Built)

* This string breaks down as follows:
5 = Variable Line Level Audio Output
9 = Enable External Subwoofer (AUX 1) and Internal Amplifier (Aux 2) (0 - Disable)
F = Disable Open Speaker Circuit Detection (w/Active FM Radio Antenna - Otherwise use a D)
8 = Front Tweeters Present
8 = Aux 1 Type: Mono Subwoofer and Aux 2 Type: Front Center

7D0-01-01 2xxx xxxx xxxx
(APIM As-Built) - APIM change required only if you have Sony DSP before completing this mod.

Found here: Variable Line Level Preamp Outputs From ACM (Factory Radio) For Amplifier Upgrades
Wow, I read most of that thread and I'm in way over my head. I don't have a Forscan and I really didn't want to invest that much just to improve the bass. I'm not really an audiophile, and definitely not looking to enter any SPL contests. How bad is the bass drop-off when just taping into the rear subs and running that into high level inputs to the amp? I'm sure there will be more distortion than using low-level inputs, but I've done that before and wasn't disappointed. There was no noticeable clipping. That was on my Ford F150 XLT that had complete shat for stereo. I replaced all of the speakers (JL Audio) and put a 10" Pioneer sub box in the back seat with a PowerBass amp. The head unit was stock and even though the results were not breath taking, it was enough of an improvement that I'm satisfied. I'm just trying to get to that point with the Fusion, and the Sony System is orders of magnitude better as a starting point than my F150. I'm happy with the Sony highs and mids, but it just lacks the bottom that I now enjoy in the F150.

·
Registered
868 Posts
When I first had the factory EQ still enabled, I had my LOC gain turned all the way up and like others have said, at 15 and under, it sounded fine, but going louder got you no more bass. With the factory EQ disabled, she'll keep running up the bass and I found I was able to "tune" it in better to sound better at all levels.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts