Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
So last night I installed my AFE Dry media high flow filter

aFe POWER 30-10260 Magnum FLOW Pro 5R Air Filter | aFe POWER

I had a HWY drive to go on and yes there is definitely a noticeable difference in the throttle and torque feel.. The torque comes in sooner and stayed more linear

Definitely a nice simple mod that is effective

·
Registered
126 Posts
I noticed it mostly in the MPG if you keep your foot out of it. Rather impressed.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've been reading a lot on tuneruniversity.com lately and this guy seems to think a drop in is useless. I think every one on here would disagree though.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Reactions: ike and 1153

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just ordered this filter right now for my sport. I only have 600 miles on it, but I also just threw on the livernoise stage 3 93 octane tune. let me tell you all.....HOLY CRAP! This thing wakes up like no tomorrow with the tune, going to throw in the filter when it comes grab my first oil change at 750 miles see how she does. I am guessing this filter combined with the tune will see even greater results. :)

I will definitely keep everyone updated.

·
Banned
249 Posts
Some improvements could be made getting air into the box possibly but you need a box to keep out the hot air.
I disagree there, do some logging of you intake and intercooler temps in stock form and then zip tie a filter to the box and remove the rest and you will see that the oem intake is basically a warm air intake itself. There's zero room too feed real cold air to the oem intake. My temps went up slightly during my logging and wondering stage, I'm talking driving 8hrs straight in Hawaii (lots of circles!!!!!!)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Does the sport have an IAT sensor? If so, can it be relocated to get a lower reading thus helping with a little more power. Assuming the 2.7L pulls timing as the IATs rise.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can only speak from my own experience with my E92 M3 as well as a E46 M3 I had before. My E92 M3 gained 5rwhp with a drop in AFE oiled filter, when I switched to the full CAI setup it I gained 10rwhp peak, but in some parts of the power curve as much as 12rwhp. My E46 M3 gained 14rwhp from a full CAI setup from AFE and it was worth 2mph at the end of the 1/4 mile. I went from 107mph to109mph with no other changes. I haven't had my E92 M3 to the track.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The Tuner University guy is making sense, if there's no difference in "pressure differences" between an aftermarket solution and the stock one, then the increased flow isn't helping. I suspect, with our car, the tubing from the air box to the turbo is WAY more restrictive than the filter. So, better intake ducting and maybe a better "ram air" effect will be helpful! With the GTO, an improved airbox, larger intake tubing and a higher flow filter DID help after tuning-but I had the room to replace everything AND keep the cold air isolation.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got my AFE (dry) and put it in tonight. Not going out again. I'll let you guys know what I think in the morning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts