Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Wow... they are getting a 5.1 to 60... I'm not sure any of our drivers here are getting close to that time... anyone with actual 0-60 tests get close to that in real world?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well, we finally have our first instrumented test, and it appears to be quite positive. That is a solid 0-60 time for sure. It is nice to see the whole "no faster then an Accord V6" thing that you see in various comments sections put to bed. I'm not sure I've seen anyone here post an actual 0-60 test of their own. A month or so ago I did a few runs (just me and my iPhone stopwatch) and my best was 5.34, but I never bothered posting that due to the significant margin of error in measuring that way. They really wail on these cars in those tests and try a bunch of different techniques to get the best time; it would be interesting to see which technique yielded the 5.1. I recently watched an episode of Motor Trend's Head 2 Head where they were pitting a Camaro against a BMW M4, and in order to get all the footage they needed for the 1/4 mile drag race, they did the race 75 times.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I also noticed they had the Goodyear all-season tires, sized 235/40R-19. I would guess this is the press car everyone got to drive over the summer.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'd also like to know where the these tests were performed... that too could have an impact on times.

That being said, 5.1 is stout... with a tune... proper tune... that's easily going to dip into the high 4's.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'd also like to know where the these tests were performed... that too could have an impact on times.

That being said, 5.1 is stout... with a tune... proper tune... that's easily going to dip into the high 4's.
Didn't Torrie say his tune is hitting 4.7 already?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had to much traffic last night to do a 1/8 or 1/4 mile but easily did a 5.1 0-60 "in the rain mind you" on v3 91 tune. I am on v4 now and with a couple good launches on a dry road I know I can be in the high 4's with this 91 tune. When I switch to 93 thinking 4.6-4.7 no problem...

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
I had to much traffic last night to do a 1/8 or 1/4 mile but easily did a 5.1 0-60 "in the rain mind you" on v3 91 tune. I am on v4 now and with a couple good launches on a dry road I know I can be in the high 4's with this 91 tune. When I switch to 93 thinking 4.6-4.7 no problem...
Have the nGauge, and still using Torque? If I can't find a good pillar mount for the A-pillar when I get mine, there will probably be some fiberglass work.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have the nGauge, and still using Torque? If I can't find a good pillar mount for the A-pillar when I get mine, there will probably be some fiberglass work.
Yeah I was monitoring guages on the ngauge at the time so usually have torque running on my phone just easier to screen shot torque off my phone and save it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Confused rookie. So can I use the torque app with ngauge, or do I need another obd scanner that will work with Torque? There is no way to get 0-60 times etc from the ngauge right?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Those numbers Torrie put up were an nGauge. I just got mine today so I haven't been able to explore it yet. More concerned with using the tuning feature.
That's what I thought initially, but after a closer look I could tell that was not the ngauge screen. So I asked Torrie and he said what we see in the photo is Performance box.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Those numbers Torrie put up were an nGauge. I just got mine today so I haven't been able to explore it yet. More concerned with using the tuning feature.
Lol, that didn't take long. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yeah I was monitoring guages on the ngauge at the time so usually have torque running on my phone just easier to screen shot torque off my phone and save it.
Gzsport, in what capacity are/were you using Torque to get the figures in the screen shot? Just purely GPS on your phone, or also connected to some obd device? If obd how did you connect ngauge and torque at same time? Trying to figure out how to get some reliable stats without dropping the money on something from say vbox.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I disconnected the ngauge to get the run on torque. Not sure if they make a splitter of some kind to run both or not. I use a Bluetooth adatper from amazon to connect from the obd port to the phone .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts