Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community! I test drove a Fusion Sport and loved it, and found one that I am interested in (I'm just looking for a 400A package with the moon roof), and I think that I can take it home for the mid-high 20's. I just wanted to ask if the battery and PTU issues have been resolved, or if you have had one was the dealer fair about it? I think the price seems quite fair for the car, and am starting to get excited to add a Sport to the family.....

·
Registered
206 Posts
My December production Fusion has not had either of the problems, although I only have 3300 miles or so on it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
the latest ACM update appears to have solved the dead battery issue, time will tell of course.

The PTU issue appears to be a very involved, but solvable problem for those that have encountered it.

The biggest pain when dealing with a dealer is the "customer is always wrong" attitude that most of the service guys have. its best to be forceful and as knowledgeable as possible on the subject so they don't write you off so easily.

And welcome aboard!

·
Registered
481 Posts
My December production Fusion has not had either of the problems, although I only have 3300 miles or so on it.
Mine is even earlier than that and im still issue free as well but i only have around 2600 miles.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sounds like someone needs to drive more.

What part of NY?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sounds like someone needs to drive more.

What part of NY?
hahaha yea i basically only go to work and back and the occasional weekend cruise with my wife. I'm on Long island(Nassau county).

Reactions: dlm1984

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I picked up our Fusion Sport (Lightning Blue) on Friday and put close to 180 miles on it already. So far I'm really enjoying the car except that it will have to go back to the dealer for a broken seat belt latch in the rear middle seat. It's definitely a step up from the 2007 Fusion SE that we traded in!

·
Registered
481 Posts
looka great!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts