Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new car to replace my 2015 Toyota Camry XSE v6 and the Fusion Sport is one of two cars I am considering, the other car I am considering is the new 2018 Camry in the new high performance trim, even though it hasn't been unveiled yet... the questions I have are these... 1.) I drove a Fusion Sport and it felt slow like it didn't have a lot of torque, my Camry feels quicker than the FS, why? 2.) From what I have been reading on here, there are no available tunes for the 2.7 in the FS, will there be one soon? And, 3.) What could I potentially do to help with the sound, as far as exhaust?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
1. I don't know what to tell you, but I promise its faster than your 15 Camry.

2. Yes there are tunes, there are several threads about them.

3. People are working on some exhaust mods, other than that, don't know what to tell you.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Pretty much what Wildcat said. The car has a VERY drive train friendly tune from the factory, so all the abruptness that you feel in some other cars is tamed, but it's still a very fast car, especially once it's nice and broke in. The power is so smooth that you have no idea that it's as powerful as it is. The thing with the Sport is that peak power is so low in the powerband. 1st gear is the only gear that sees peak power, and that is where Torque Management cuts in the most to protect parts. Therefore, in real driving, you don't get to see much of the actual power this car has. However, that all changes when you put a tune on there. A tune will carry the powerband to a higher RPM, and it will reduce the effect of Torque Management.

I'm in the early stages of a custom tune and I already have to be mindful of traction when I launch. It's a completely different animal with a tune.

Several of us, including myself, have already started chopping our exhaust up to try to find the perfect sound. Results are mixed so far, but all are better than stock, and none sound BAD, IMHO.

·
Registered
246 Posts
1. your refrigerator probably "feels faster" because it is softly sprung and poorly dampened and insulated. It probably dips and wobbles when accelerating, turning, or breaking and lets more sound come through to the inside. This alters your perception, and makes you think your washing machine is really moving faster than it is. The exact opposite is true in the Fusion. Its quiet and well insulated with noise canceling and adaptive suspension and the engine has a steady, even powerband. all these things together will make it seem "slow" compared to your stove because of your perception from the inside. Trust those of us that even bother to respond to this nonsense when we say it is faster than your microwave, and by a substantial margin.

2. where exactly were you looking?? there are Tune threads all over this forum.
Those that have tuned are really waking up what is already a legitimately quick car.

3. the car comes with a ridiculous garbage can of a muffler that deadens basically all the sound from the exhaust. its as simple as chopping it off and replacing it with piping. That pretty much solves the problem and produces a result most would be happy with. There is more experimentation being done on this.

I don't know if you meant to come here and troll, but you're not the first to show up here asking why does my "insert slower car here" feel faster!!??!? Save it, we've already heard it before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. your refrigerator probably "feels faster" because it is softly sprung and poorly dampened and insulated. It probably dips and wobbles when accelerating, turning, or breaking and lets more sound come through to the inside. This alters your perception, and makes you think your washing machine is really moving faster than it is. The exact opposite is true in the Fusion. Its quiet and well insulated with noise canceling and adaptive suspension and the engine has a steady, even powerband. all these things together will make it seem "slow" compared to your stove because of your perception from the inside. Trust those of us that even bother to respond to this nonsense when we say it is faster than your microwave, and by a substantial margin.

Those that have tuned are really waking up what is already a legitimately quick car.

3. the car comes with a ridiculous garbage can of a muffler that deadens basically all the sound from the exhaust. its as simple as chopping it off and replacing it with piping. That pretty much solves the problem and produces a result most would be happy with. There is more experimentation being done on this.

I don't know if you meant to come here and troll, but you're not the first to show up here asking why does my "insert slower car here" feel faster!!??!? Save it, we've already heard it before.

Um there is no reason to be rude... poorly dampened and insulated? Please.
I am not saying it is not faster than my Camry because it is, it just doesn't feel that way. I wouldn't waste my time coming here and asking questions if I didn't like or wanted to give the Fusion Sport a chance...

I didn't mean to come and troll whatsoever. I have been a Toyota guy since my first car was a 2013 Camry SE 4 cylinder and am exploring other options such as the Fusion Sport. It seems that so far from your reply you're just trying to hurt my feelings because I drive a competitor to the Fusion in general but you are not.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Um there is no reason to be rude... poorly dampened and insulated? Please.
I am not saying it is not faster than my Camry because it is, it just doesn't feel that way. I wouldn't waste my time coming here and asking questions if I didn't like or wanted to give the Fusion Sport a chance...

I didn't mean to come and troll whatsoever. I have been a Toyota guy since my first car was a 2013 Camry SE 4 cylinder and am exploring other options such as the Fusion Sport. It seems that so far from your reply you're just trying to hurt my feelings because I drive a competitor to the Fusion in general but you are not.
For the money.. Toyota has nothing that comes close to the FFS in looks or performance at all thats just a fact ...
The only car in the same class that is aS GOOD A VALUE AS THE FFS IS THE 2017 ACCORD touring V6 but it has not AWD and does not look as good and is not as unique or fun to drive. And its costs more..

·
Registered
12 Posts
This has been stated a lot on threads, but the dealer may have used 87 octane fuel in the car you tested. Max power in the Fusion sport is had with 93 Octane. That and it not being broken in may be what you felt also.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am in the market for a new car to replace my 2015 Toyota Camry XSE v6 and the Fusion Sport is one of two cars I am considering, the other car I am considering is the new 2018 Camry in the new high performance trim, even though it hasn't been unveiled yet... the questions I have are these... 1.) I drove a Fusion Sport and it felt slow like it didn't have a lot of torque, my Camry feels quicker than the FS, why? 2.) From what I have been reading on here, there are no available tunes for the 2.7 in the FS, will there be one soon? And, 3.) What could I potentially do to help with the sound, as far as exhaust?
One ?. Did try driving your FSS in Sport Mode. This will also make a difference.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am at 3500 miles and still have not used sport mode at all.. and this car is plenty fast and and spanked many many cars in regular drive mode lol
Please what are u waiting for. I used it during my test drive. It's like not pushing the "Red" button when the sign says. " Don't push the red button"! But for real give it a go.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You got to admit, it sounds like you are trolling when you say there are no tunes. You obviously haven't searched the site.

Reactions: GorgonFusionSport17
1 - 14 of 14 Posts