Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you clean your car too much? I'm starting to get teased about washing it too much. I take care of 4 other cars for my boss so i have time to do mine also. I've got the paint looking like red chrome. After one clay and one wax, it looks as deep as any of Audi's, BMW's or Porsche's paint jobs.
I also like the sport's wheels. Easy to clean behind the spokes.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I don't. You should be careful as that can ruin the paint if you do it too much depending on what you use and how you wash it. I do a few handwashes through the summer, and a couple of autos during the winter.

Although being this new, it should not already require claybaring. That seems a bit overboard.

In the end, I say do what you want to do. If you want to wash it every day go ahead. Its your car.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Using a clay bar on a new car is a good idea since they pick up rail dust if they travel by R.R.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hmm, my last car I waited until it really needed it. It was like two years in. Probably should have done it sooner, but the reality was, it was at least a year before it needed to be done.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Im going to be getting a professional detail when it comes in.. Buddy I know uses C.A.R products and can't wait.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The sucky thing for me will be once I get it, it will only be about 15 days old. Most people say you shouldn't put any type of sealer over the paint to allow it to continue to gas out. You should allow it to gas out for 60-90 days. By then it will be winter, and I won't really be able to give it a good handwash and wax at that time, so I will have to end up waiting until next spring.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Even then, that puts me into November... not really a good time to handwash and wax a car....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts