Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

A/C and Clock �reset� upon start-up

11K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  DeliquentDuoDan 
#1 ·
A/C and Clock “reset” upon start-up

I know the title is confusing, but it’s the best way to describe it. Happened just tonight driving to the gym. The car was warm, I had just driven home from work and hour before, and nothing was wrong then. So, First I get it in and start it only to to have the A/C not work I heard fans turning but no air, had to turn it off and start it two more times for it to work again. Then when I was leaving the gym the clock just reset itself, so I change the time, then it reset again when I pulled into the garage. The only other hiccup I’ve had was the nav freezing, but that was months ago. Anyone else have an issue similar? Just seems a bit weird, its not cold here in Florida, so I don’t think that would be an issue. Thanks for any input!

#2 ·
If climate control is set to Auto they system sometimes waits for the unit to cool or heat up before it starts pushing air. I have had the clock weird out on me and actually set itself off by 1hr to the correct time. It you clock set manually or via GPS?

#4 ·
Clock you can set to GPS time. I keep mine on manual and ahead by a few minutes so I'm not late for work, lol.

The climate control part is weird though. Usually on auto it just doesn't "blast" air, but some air should come out when you first turn your car on.

#5 ·
Looked this morning, and it was set to manual. It shows "6:26" as I started it up and then switched to "1:27" as I was leaving the garage. So then I set it to GPS and it was fine the whole ride. Just weird how it switched like that in manual.

#9 ·
Hi SBM. I would recommend following the advice of Engineer. At least have the battery properly load tested by your local Ford Dealer. You can usually find coupons for a free battery test on the Ford Owners website.

Modern cars are heavily computer/electronic/electrically dependent, and when the battery is at end-of-life, strange electrical glitches and gremlins can begin to pop up.

If your car is still within the 3 year/36,000 mile New Car Warranty, the battery test and any necessary replacement/repairs will be covered under warranty.

Reactions: Engineer
#6 ·
How recently have you replaced your car battery? I was having some weird electrical glitches. Tried resetting DTCs (just communications errors), pulling the battery cable and resetting, everything I could think of.

Even took it to an AutoZone and asked for a battery test, they told me it was fine (but they also didn't look like they had a clue what they were doing).

Then a few weeks later my battery died.

Anyhow since the new battery (not from the place I had it tested) it's been smooth sailing, no problems at all. So I'm thinking modern cars can have electrical issues if the voltage starts to be off a little from certain types of battery failures, but maybe a real mechanic can comment more on that. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.