Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one,,

So I live in Quebec, and we have 87,91 or 94 gas here.
I tried 87 and 91 , doesn't look to make any difference, Should i out 94 or not ???

And should i buy an AEM or aFe Dry filter ( around 100$ ) or its a waste of money??

Thanks !!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I tried 87 and 91 , doesn't look to make any difference, Should i out 94 or not ???
The engine seems to love high octane fuel. Go for it.

And should i buy an AEM or aFe Dry filter ( around 100$ ) or its a waste of money??
I am also interested in the answer to this. I looked on the aFe site and couldn't figure out which part fits though.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hello every one,,

So I live in Quebec, and we have 87,91 or 94 gas here.

Thanks !!
I'm running the aFe dry and an Unleashed 94 octane tune.
A completely different animal now.

Petro 94 fuel only

I found that there was a difference in WOT between the 87 and 94 Fuel before the tune.
Just not as dramatic.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The filter helps with performance and mileage and you might notice a little gain with the 94. You will notice a big difference if you was tuned going from 87 to 94.

·
Registered
18 Posts
After putting 15,000km on the car since June, I've honestly found Shell 91 the best for milage / power. I'm currently giving 94 Petro Canada another shot over a 4-6 tanks to see if there is a large difference but I've not really felt anything in my butt dyno that would justify the difference at this point. What colour is your car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The filter helps with performance and mileage and you might notice a little gain with the 94. You will notice a big difference if you was tuned going from 87 to 94.
Which aFe filter Exactly do you use...model number??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm running the aFe dry and an Unleashed 94 octane tune.
A completely different animal now.

Petro 94 fuel only

I found that there was a difference in WOT between the 87 and 94 Fuel before the tune.
Just not as dramatic.
Which aFe filter Exactly do you use...model number??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts