Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I buy on unleashed tuning website to do a 93 tune ? I'd also like dataloging but I don't know if I need to purchase something extra. Lastly should a get a steeda CAI before or after as well as the thermostat that unleashed tuning sales? I'm looking to spend as little as possible because Im currently in college.
Sorry in advance if these questions have been asked I actually look stuff up on the form and attempt to do my own research but it's just too much and I need to ask you a few questions to people.

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
170 Posts
I just did this a couple months ago so here goes:

LOWEST PRICE
-Tuner (when you buy from Unleashed/Torrie it comes with a tune or you can get a second for small increase)
-Tune File (included with new unit)

Will feel like a brand new car. Make sure you stick to 93 pump and you will never get tired of it. I drove for a couple weeks on just the tune and it was amazing.

NEXT LEVEL
-Tuner
-Tune File
-FMIC (front mounted intercooler)
-Ford Performance Plugs

This is pretty much where the baseline is for a fun fast car. Anything beyond this will be much more money, turbos, throttle body, intake, etc. I'm here now and daily driving the car is nuts how different it feels.

Beyond that, the money for the Intake is money you can put into real power. Between heat under the hood and various threads on here there's not much data on improvement with the Intake. Thats a lot of coin you can use for real gains.

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts

LOWEST PRICE
-Tuner (when you buy from Unleashed/Torrie it comes with a tune or you can get a second for small increase)

Will feel like a brand new car. Make sure you stick to 93 pump and you will never get tired of it. I drove for a couple weeks on just the tune and it was amazing.

NEXT LEVEL
-Tuner
-Tune File
-Ford Performance Plugs

This is pretty much where the baseline is for a fun fast car. Anything beyond this will be much more money, turbos, throttle body, intake, etc. I'm here now and daily driving the car is nuts how different it feels.

Beyond that, the money for the Intake is money you can put into real power. Between heat under the hood and various threads on here there's not much data on improvement with the Intake. Thats a lot of coin you can use for real gains.
Agree with one exception. Depending on his mileage he could skip the plugs for now as he already has the SP542's which are the best from the factory. If he data-logs and Torrie finds any odd knock issues then he can try a set of plugs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What do I buy on unleashed tuning website to do a 93 tune ? I'd also like dataloging but I don't know if I need to purchase something extra. Lastly should a get a steeda CAI before or after as well as the thermostat that unleashed tuning sales? I'm looking to spend as little as possible because Im currently in college.
Sorry in advance if these questions have been asked I actually look stuff up on the form and attempt to do my own research but it's just too much and I need to ask you a few questions to people.
Go to Steeda.com, has cold air induction, has thermostat also.

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
170 Posts
Agree with one exception. Depending on his mileage he could skip the plugs for now as he already has the SP542's which are the best from the factory. If he data-logs and Torrie finds any odd knock issues then he can try a set of plugs.
Yeah, thanks for clarifying. I'm just shy of 50K so was good maint at the same time.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hi Nolimit. Just to briefly take the boring, sensible shoes, contrarian point of view, here in this den of car crazies (jokingly, so be gentle): We are driving cars that are faster and handle far better than the "muscle cars" in their heyday.
So...since you are currently in college and trying to save money, why not save your hard earned and valuable income/savings for more important things, and be happy with your muscle car beating Fusion Sport as it is for now? At least until you have more disposable income. ;)

Okay...with that now out there...good luck with whatever you decide to do! 🤗

·
Registered
399 Posts
I would strongly recommend doing a lot more research so you know what you're actually doing before you do any modifications at all. Also, I assume you can afford to do regular maintenance on this car, as well as fix it if it breaks after mods, without having to rely on your parents to foot the bill, right?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I would strongly recommend doing a lot more research so you know what you're actually doing before you do any modifications at all. Also, I assume you can afford to do regular maintenance on this car, as well as fix it if it breaks after mods, without having to rely on your parents to foot the bill, right?
Yeah that's a really good point (and one that @bbf2530 also touched on some): You need to make sure you're financially ready to handle whatever damage you cause, if you start modifying things. If you have a warranty (even just an extended warranty of some sort, which is probably all you'd have since it's a 2017), you need to understand that if you modify the vehicle you're probably voiding that warranty. Once you start modifying any component, you've taken on responsibility for whatever damage occurs, even if it's not directly caused by your modifications. Because the only thing that matters is whether your modifications are connected in any way to the component that failed. So if you tune the car, and the engine blows up or the transmission shatters into a thousand pieces, you own all the pieces. It's not Ford's problem. They'll fix it for you, but you'll have to pay for it. Keep that in mind, especially if you're not the one paying for the car.

These cars are a blast when they're modified, but they're still faster by a long shot than most of what's on the road, even stock. Besides, they're really comfortable, quiet, nice cars. You can do a lot worse than an FFS. Why be in such a hurry? I like going fast too, but there's a lot to be said for just taking it easy. These cars do both. And when you're ready, you can mod the car and get even more out of it. Just make sure you're ready before you do that, is all. Either way, welcome!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have two cars(i own one )and I pay for my own college, car insurances and car note. I just don't want to go all out on my fusion cause I prefer to daily drive it over my g35. Im 24 and roomate with a family member. thank for the advice , im not stupid enough to by stuff i cant afford:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

LOWEST PRICE

NEXT LEVEL
-Tuner
-Tune File
-Ford Performance Plugs

Beyond that, the money for the Intake is money you can put in
I just hit 80k you think I should get new ones for this tune?
to real power. Between heat under the hood and various threads on here there's not much data on improvement with the Intake. Thats a lot of coin you can use for real gains.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I have two cars and I pay for my own college. I just don't want to go all out on my fusion cause I prefer to daily drive it over my g35.
Another option a lot of guys on here have run is the Velossa Tech Big Mouth, those change the look from the front of the car too, and can make it look more aggressive, if that's what you're going for :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah that's a really good point (and one that @bbf2530 also touched on some): You need to make sure you're financially ready to handle whatever damage you cause, if you start modifying things. If you have a warranty (even just an extended warranty of some sort, which is probably all you'd have since it's a 2017), you need to understand that if you modify the vehicle you're probably voiding that warranty. Once you start modifying any component, you've taken on responsibility for whatever damage occurs, even if it's not directly caused by your modifications. Because the only thing that matters is whether your modifications are connected in any way to the component that failed. So if you tune the car, and the engine blows up or the transmission shatters into a thousand pieces, you own all the pieces. It's not Ford's problem. They'll fix it for you, but you'll have to pay for it. Keep that in mind, especially if you're not the one paying for the car.

These cars are a blast when they're modified, but they're still faster by a long shot than most of what's on the road, even stock. Besides, they're really comfortable, quiet, nice cars. You can do a lot worse than an FFS. Why be in such a hurry? I like going fast too, but there's a lot to be said for just taking it easy. These cars do both. And when you're ready, you can mod the car and get even more out of it. Just make sure you're ready before you do that, is all. Either way, welcome!
Thanks I'm good on money and I have two cars , i only mentioned im in college cause i dont want to go all out. i pay for my own college, insurances, and car note .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another option a lot of guys on here have run is the Velossa Tech Big Mouth, those change the look from the front of the car too, and can make it look more aggressive, if that's what you're going for :cool:
it does look nice(y) its 3rd on my list after the rims i want arent on backorder

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Thanks I'm good on money and I have two cars , i only mentioned im in college cause i dont want to go all out. i pay for my own college, insurances, and car note .
You sound like you've got it together, so while I still think the advice about being careful about tuning is good advice, you might be someone who's in a position to be able to handle the risk from tuning. If you are, let me just say it completely changes the character of the car, and as fun as these things are pre-tune, they're an absolute blast after they're tuned. So if you're in a position to handle that risk, and you want the extra performance, it's something to consider for sure. Totally your call, but it's seriously night and day running a tuned car. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Nolimit. Just to briefly take the boring, sensible shoes, contrarian point of view, here in this den of car crazies (jokingly, so be gentle): We are driving cars that are faster and handle far better than the "muscle cars" in their heyday.
So...since you are currently in college and trying to save money, why not save your hard earned and valuable income/savings for more important things, and be happy with your muscle car beating Fusion Sport as it is for now? At least until you have more disposable income. ;)

Okay...with that now out there...good luck with whatever you decide to do! 🤗
thanks bro(y) , looking back at it i made it sound like im a dude fresh out of high school relying on his parents. im 24 and have 2 cars(own the first one)

·
Registered
745 Posts
thanks bro(y) , looking back at it i made it sound like im a dude fresh out of high school relying on his parents. im 24 and have 2 cars(own the first one)
Hi No Limit. No worries. And just so you know...I did not understand what you stated in your first post to mean you were someone "fresh out of high school and relying on his parents". Not at all.

I read what you wrote, and assumed you were exactly what you stated you were in that first post..."I'm looking to spend as little as possible because Im currently in college.". Nothing more, nothing less. ;)

Having once been someone in college (like you are now,), but who now has the luxury sitting in the back yard by the pool, gazing up at the stars, thinking back, and sometimes saying to myself..."I wish I had done this...", or "Boy...I sure wish I hadn't done that...", all I did was try to give you my best 20/20 hindsight, "boring, sensible shoes...", advice. :cool:;)

But in the end, it is your car, so you should do whatever you feel is best for you.

Keep us updated on your progress and good luck.

PS - Maybe just don't spend money on things that don't do much, if anything...like an aftermarket CAI, which is really an HAI (hot air intake) and does nothing for performance, since our cars already have a very efficient CAI from the factory. It simply does not look as colorful and "pretty" as an open element unit. 🙃

·
Registered
875 Posts
Btw- I run the stock airbox now, but I replaced my filter panel with the AFe dry high flow panel. I can’t say it did anything for performance but it’s cleanable, so it saved me some money versus paper filters over time (I’ve owned my car since new to 122+k), and it came with a little contingency sticker to put on my window. Everyone knows that contingency stickers make you faster!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts