Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is SOTP only, no instrumentation... The closest station that sells 93 octane is 35 miles away, but it's on the way to the kids house so I've been able to run 93 for the last month or so. Yesterday I had to fill up with 91. There's a noticeable difference in passing performance with the 93 vs 91 (the torque limiting suggests no difference off the line). On 93 I have to be careful to get fully out of the lane behind a car passing so the autonomous braking light doesn't come on, and it's the fastest 60-100 car I've owned. On 91 it's just "OK". I wish there was a way to get 93 easier...

·
Registered
481 Posts
def feel the same way here

·
Registered
165 Posts
Gas is pretty cheap here in NJ, but they rape you on premium gas (93 octane) . Regular (87) is at about $2.25 PG, while premium (93) is at about $2.89 PG. I know that's not outrageous, especially when we were paying over $4 per gallon for regular a year or so ago, but the extra 60 cents per gallon stinks!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Gas is pretty cheap here in NJ, but they rape you on premium gas (93 octane) . Regular (87) is at about $2.25 PG, while premium (93) is at about $2.89 PG. I know that's not outrageous, especially when we were paying over $4 per gallon for regular a year or so ago, but the extra 60 cents per gallon stinks!
I can get regular in Virginia Beach for 1.89 but 93 is 2.63... stinks

·
Registered
165 Posts
I can get regular in Virginia Beach for 1.89 but 93 is 2.63... stinks
WOW! For some reason, I thought gas was really cheap in NJ. I have been corrected! $1.89 is super cheap. I had no idea. :cool:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I feel for the guys that cant get 93 regularly. There is a HUGE difference on every ecoboost I've driven.

Maybe you guys can attempt mixing the 91 with ethanol (E89)? I used to run an approx 30% total ethanol blend on my focus ST (and tuned for it) and it made some really nice power

·
Registered
481 Posts
I feel for the guys that cant get 93 regularly. There is a HUGE difference on every ecoboost I've driven.

Maybe you guys can attempt mixing the 91 with ethanol (E89)? I used to run an approx 30% total ethanol blend on my focus ST (and tuned for it) and it made some really nice power
The gain jsut by using 93 seems much larger than any other vehicle ive owned. I had a 2013 Mustang GT and they claimed with 93 you got like 10-15 more ft lbs of torque(dont remember the actual number) but i hardly noticed a change

·
Registered
165 Posts
The gain jsut by using 93 seems much larger than any other vehicle ive owned. I had a 2013 Mustang GT and they claimed with 93 you got like 10-15 more ft lbs of torque(dont remember the actual number) but i hardly noticed a change
Yeah man, they said the same with my '10 Mustang GT, an additional 10hp and 10 lb ft., but I could never tell the difference.

Reactions: Rice

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yeah man, they said the same with my '10 Mustang GT, an additional 10hp and 10 lb ft., but I could never tell the difference.
i also had a 2010 GT =)

Attachments

Reactions: Mike E

·
Registered
165 Posts
Rice - Nice cars man! it's funny, seeing the big ol' FIVE-POINT-OH on the side reminds me of something that happened about 3 months after I bought my '10 GT. I pulled into the gas station closest to me, and there's another '10 GT there at the other pump in white with blue stripes. The guy walks over to me and says "Hey, nice car, do you like it so far?" I tell him "Sure, I love it!" He says "I feel like an idiot, I just found out that next year they're bringing back the 5.0 and it will have 420hp, and now I'm so pissed off!". I said "Listen bud, just enjoy your car, it's not that big of a deal. You have a beautiful car, it's definitely fast enough to make you happy, and there will ALWAYS be faster cars coming, so don't sweat it, and enjoy your Mustang man!" He thanked me, and then he drove off (into the sunset) LOL

·
Registered
481 Posts
Rice - Nice cars man! it's funny, seeing the big ol' FIVE-POINT-OH on the side reminds me of something that happened about 3 months after I bought my '10 GT. I pulled into the gas station closest to me, and there's another '10 GT there at the other pump in white with blue stripes. The guy walks over to me and says "Hey, nice car, do you like it so far?" I tell him "Sure, I love it!" He says "I feel like an idiot, I just found out that next year they're bringing back the 5.0 and it will have 420hp, and now I'm so pissed off!". I said "Listen bud, just enjoy your car, it's not that big of a deal. You have a beautiful car, it's definitely fast enough to make you happy, and there will ALWAYS be faster cars coming, so don't sweat it, and enjoy your Mustang man!" He thanked me, and then he drove off (into the sunset) LOL
haha yea i knew it was coming in 10 when i got it. my car was an auto bone stock with the crappy all season tires still was able to muster a 2.0 60' & 13.6 @102 corrected for DA to a 13.4

admins sorry for thread jacking

·
Registered
165 Posts
haha yea i knew it was coming in 10 when i got it. my car was an auto bone stock with the crappy all season tires still was able to muster a 2.0 60' & 13.6 @102 corrected for DA to a 13.4

admins sorry for thread jacking
My apologies as well. I'm a blogger, so I'm used to responding as if I'm on a blog. Sorry!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can't justify the extra 50-60 cents a gallon that they charge for premium in PA.
I drive about 140 miles a day and that would be about 20 bucks a WEEK extra.
I'm satisfied with the power that 87 octane gives me.

The Corvette gets premium because it requires it and I don't drive it as much.

Shawn S

·
Registered
481 Posts
I can't justify the extra 50-60 cents a gallon that they charge for premium in PA.
I drive about 140 miles a day and that would be about 20 bucks a WEEK extra.
I'm satisfied with the power that 87 octane gives me.

The Corvette gets premium because it requires it and I don't drive it as much.

Shawn S
a pretty cool compromise if you dont mind tuning your car. The livernois 87 tune makes more power than the car does stock so youll gain some power and probaly get some better MPG's

·
Registered
102 Posts
a pretty cool compromise if you dont mind tuning your car. The livernois 87 tune makes more power than the car does stock so youll gain some power and probaly get some better MPG's
I bought the 5YR/100K ESP warranty so I won't be doing a tune.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts