I got an "ESN is invalid" message when I entered the ESN taken from the Sync page: U6930094Hi Vidmo. Go to the link I provided above: Plug in your VIN and your SYNC ESN Modem #.
You get the SYNC ESN modem # from the "About SYNC" section of your SYNC 3 screen in your car.
The website will then tell you if you have a new map update available. If there is an update for your car, you will be given the choice of a free download or paying for a USB to be sent to you. And those choices will vary according to your model year and whether you have downloaded a previous SYNC 3 NAV map update.
If you still have issues, post back here and we can try to help you, Or call the Ford Customer Relations number provided on the web page.
Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Hi lyee. You probably entered the Modem ESN number, as metroplex mentioned. It is a common mistake. Scroll further down the "About SYNC" page on your Fusion's SYNC screen to the SYNC ESN #.I got an "ESN is invalid" message when I entered the ESN taken from the Sync page: U6930094
I tried different combinations of upper and lower case U and capital O vs. the number 0 but still no luck. I'm running Sync 3.0 Build 19205_PRODUCT.
Hi Vidmo. I realize you said you have tried different things, USB drives etc. So at this point, this is what I would recommend: Try a different, 16 GB or larger, USB 2 flash drive. Download the NAV map and License files again, and try a completely fresh and clean install.Thanks @bbf2530 I did read that thread and I was seeing the same issue. Wrong license file provided by the server. I grabbed a new download of all content. I actually did that multiple times on 07/06/2020 and saw the same files as the original download. They must have gone back in after the fact and changed a number of "orders" to the correct license file content.
So I now can at least get past the "Installation Failed: Error Code: LST_ERR05" issue.
BUT, when I put the USB drive in now I see the System Update dialog, say "Yes", and then "Ok" at the next prompt and then nothing happens. I've let the car sit there idling for more than an hour on two separate tries and nothing is happening. The LED on the thumb drive is not even blinking, no activity at all.
Ford really needs to get their software @*&@& together.
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for placing your recent SYNC® 3 Navigation Map Update order! We know you are excited to install the new 2020 Navigation Map Update and begin enjoying all the new features. Unfortunately, your order was identified as receiving the old license file as part of the new update. As a result we are providing a simple solution for you to receive the new license file:
1) If you placed an order on the website to Download the latest 2020 Navigation Map Update, please do the following:
- Close any old browser pages (Internet Explorer, Google, etc.) you may have open from the previous Download/Order Complete page
- Return to your Order Complete page (the link is available in the Order Confirmation email you received after you placed the order to download the 2020 Navigation Map Update)
- Once you are on your Order Complete page, you have two options:
- OPTION 1 - Perform the original download again using the instructions in the #1 Orange box)
- Download the Map and License files from the #2 and #3 Orange boxes
- Follow the original instructions you used for your previous order
- OPTION 2 – Download the new License file only and update your current USB
- Click on the #3 Orange Download License file box to download the 2020 Navigation Map Update file
- Insert your USB into the computer
- Find the SyncMyRide directory and double
-click on the folder
- Find the old license file, which will be named either JR3T-14G424-CD or 4U5T-14G424-CB and delete it from the SyncMyRide folder
- Add the new downloaded license file, which will be named either JR3T-14G424-CE or 4U5T-14G424-CC, to the SyncMyRide folder
2) If you placed an order on the website for a Pre-loaded USB with the latest 2020 Navigation Map Update installed, you will receive a new USB in the mail soon. Once you receive the new USB, follow the instructions provided for installation.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for being a loyal Ford or Lincoln customer.
ALOM Technologies | 48105 Warm Springs Blvd., Fremont, CA 94539