Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Blue Lightning
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed 4D Tech’s Sync3 upgrade? Worth the $2000?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Has anyone installed 4D Tech’s Sync3 upgrade? Worth the $2000?
Hi usmcwo. Whether SYNC 3 is worth $2,000 really depends on how much you want/need/would use the added features and usability of SYNC 3. In my opinion, it has many more features and is much more user friendly than SYNC or MyFordTouch with SYNC.

It might help you decide what is best for you if you go to the Ford Owners website and browse the SYNC 3 how-to and informational videos. Go to https://owner.ford.com/index.html#/ and then click on "Support".

Another option is to source the parts you need, then do the installation yourself. You can use the 4D Tech installation video to learn how to perform the install. You can save ~$1,500 that way, if you know how to find the parts.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Reactions: usmcwo1

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
It's absolutely NOT worth $2000. Sorry, but I cannot consciously let someone spend that much money on this upgrade.

The cheapest way is to source the parts yourself, there are many places that list parts compatibility and how-to guides. If you can't do the programming yourself, many people will for a reasonable (usually) fee. Or, a fair amount of people actually offer similar "kits" that are WAY under $2000 and if you really can't or don't want to do it yourself, they're still the MUCH cheaper than 4DTech's kit.

Plus,

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I love the basic SYNC1 in my 2018 Explorer. While SYNC2 was kind of cool in my 2014 SHO and SYNC3 in my Fusion Sport adds some capabilities, there's no love lost for them. I'm not even the slightest excited for SYNC4 in the 2021 Edge / F-series.

·
Registered
2017 Blue Lightning
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now looking at aftermarket double din units. Half the price.

·
Super Moderator
1,394 Posts
In that case, make sure you do plenty of research on the functionality you'll be losing and the additional hardware/devices you'll need with a double-din unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts