Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has tried SYNC Connect that has the 401A package, and NOT the Driver Assist Package? The information tab states Sync Connect is included in the 401A package. (Please see picture)

However, it looks like the Drivers Assist Package specifically includes Sync Connect, which requires the 401A Package in addition.

I can't recall who/where, but I remember someone posting on this forum who couldn't get SYNC Connect working with just the 401A package, but I'm wondering if it's just their phone or a bug in the app?

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
It's misleading...

401a includes sync 3. I didn't realize it has sync connect too, but it isn't functional without the driver's assist package. You have to get the driver's assist package, which includes the built in modem, in order to do anything sync connect related.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's misleading...

401a includes sync 3. I didn't realize it has sync connect too, but it isn't functional without the driver's assist package. You have to get the driver's assist package, which includes the built in modem, in order to do anything sync connect related.
Wow, I see what you mean now. Is that an oversight on their part? That's a little more than misleading.

Ford: Hey, here's SYNC 3 which includes SYNC Connect, but we didn't mention you need the modem included in the Driver's Assist package for it to work.

I live in a Townhouse complex and our lot is a decent distance away. Not too far, but not close enough distance to guarantee the key FOB remote start would work. Even

I suppose it's not a big deal to 98% of people. But if I already had the car in possession with SYNC 3 and wanted SYNC Connect, I would definitely contact Ford Customer Service/Relations to see what could be done.

Thanks for the info Sludge!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Well that sucks. I've been looking for a sport with the 401 pkg for that reason and now I need to add another option in my search plus more money. I too was under the impression that with pkg 401 you got sync3.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yeah, I think a lot of people wanted the 401a package to include that, and now that a lot of people are finding out otherwise, its getting on some people's nerves.

·
Registered
230 Posts
"Sync Connect" will be listed on the windows sticker if the car has it. If you order one, make sure the sales person know you want that feature. But yes, 401A with Driver Assist package is what it takes to get it on the Sport. Other models of the Fusion don't need the driver assist package. (ie Titanium) The Sport appears to be a mish-mash of options from the other models. Some features are there, other are not. Good example is the level 1 tail lamps.

·
Registered
529 Posts
In all honesty... you aren't missing much. I have it, and it works 60% of the time. It takes a very long time to get a response back, and sometimes the car doesn't respond. There are times that I've waited over a minute to get a response the car is locked/unlocked/started.

It's a great idea and can be convenient, but I find myself forgetting that I have the capability. The parking feature is not intuitive at all... I gave up. Apple Maps now tracks where you last parked your car without any involvement, I use that.

I've owned several GM cars with On Star and that system is light years ahead of Sync Connect. However, I do like that Ford is dipping their feet into the connected vehicle scene.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Works great! Sync connect/drivers package was one of those must have's when I built it and I am glad I got it and will enjoy it more this winter as I can't reach my parking spot with the key fob. Plus people think it's cool when I start my car with my phone LOL.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Works great! Sync connect/drivers package was one of those must have's when I built it and I am glad I got it and will enjoy it more this winter as I can't reach my parking spot with the key fob. Plus people think it's cool when I start my car with my phone LOL.
That's good to hear.

Anyone know the cost of SYNC Connect after the complimentary 5 years?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$49.95/year was the price I was told at the Detroit Auto Show in Jan. However, as we all know that is subject to change. (They had an area dedicated to FordPass.)
Not horrible. Comes out to about $4 and change a month (if it will be that price)

I suppose they have 4 years to figure out pricing. Thanks by the way. I tried calling/doing online chat and nobody had an answer

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was under the same impression, and I might go raise heck with my dealer about it.
What's the worst that can happen. It will most likely, no doubt go to corporate. I wonder what the outcome would be.

Heck, it's not like you can even install it as an option later on. Or maybe they can install a modem after the fact. Guess you'll find out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As nice as it might be to have my car warm or cool before I get in, I will turn off Sync Connect when I get my car. If it has a GSM card, I will remove the card. Although Ford has not had any high profile hacks, and my impression is that Sync 3 is more secure than most other in-car systems, I am still worried about security (and perhaps privacy) with my car. The Internet of things is still a few years away from being safe and secure.

·
Registered
230 Posts
When I was looking at purchasing a 16 Fusion I looked into this part to add remote cell start. The dealer was going to wave the install fee if I purchase it from them. I don't remember dealer pricing.
It says it will work in the 2017 Sport.
It can be ordered with your car or installed later. I'm sure you will have to pay for the first year subscription up front. Also, a Ford service department MUST call Ford to get it activated so coordinate install with a dealer or have them do it.
I don't believe this is the same thing as Sync Connect but I'm sure they are related.
-Lee
Remote Access | Genuine Ford | DL3Z-19A390-B
You can download the app and play with it. (Android and Apple)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ford.remoteaccess

·
Registered
230 Posts
PS A lot of people have downloaded the app and give it a bad rating because it would not start their Ford. Of course they did not purchase the part/modem. Amazing how many people just don't get it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
PS A lot of people have downloaded the app and give it a bad rating because it would not start their Ford. Of course they did not purchase the part/modem. Amazing how many people just don't get it.
Ford hasn't really done a bang up job making it clear either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts